Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is my problem emetophobia ? will emetophobia eraser program helps me ?

Hi All,

Im glad i found this website.

Let me describe my problem:

I have a fear vomitting in front of ppl. I tends to avoid eating with colleagues/friends etc. I have no worries whether there are germs on the food and Im perfectly okay if im eating alone. I can take any kind of food when I'M alone. I do not have symptoms like keep washing hands, fear of being with sick ppl. My problem is if I take food when Im with others,
    i fear that i will vomit thus it induce some nasty sensation such as tightness of throat, rapid breathing etc. Sometimes i try to hold the sensation and sometimes i go to the restroom and throw up for a relief.

I would like to try the emetophobia eraser program but I wondering whether it will help me.
    I hope the program is not about telling u tat the food is actually safe/clean etc, as I have no issues with food. Can anyone of you point me at the right direction ?

Thanks.

Default Re: Is my problem emetophobia ? will emetophobia eraser program helps me ?

Hi Marvin,

Anyone who fears vomiting in any form is emetophobic - that's just the name for it. The Emetophobia Recovery System (formerly Emet Eraser) has been completely re-written and is pretty solid stuff. It's inexpensive and guaranteed to help you or you will get your money back. I recommend the program to people who cannot afford therapy, or who can't find someone in their area that treats emetophobia.

Give it a try - you can always get a refund!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Is my problem emetophobia ? will emetophobia eraser program helps me ?

I purchased, and did, the original Emetophobia Eraser program and it didn't work, because it had nothing new.... just more of the same old basic cognitive-behaviour techniques with a few new clever buzz words.

The new program is completely re-done...the owner just purchased the website and domain name. The mp3s are interesting interviews with expert psychologists who have all treated emetophobia or other serious anxiety disorders. The information is not new to someone who has read extensively, but the program, if you work through the exercises, should help anyone ease their anxiety.

But no internet "system" or "program" will completely treat you if your emetophobia is severe, as many people's is. It's just that if you can't afford a therapist, this program is under $100 and has good, solid info and exercises. I recommend it to all my clients and we work through the book together sometimes.

If you really didn't find it helpful you can get your money refunded - at least now with the "Emetophobia Recovery System."
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.