So, as maybe 1 or 2 of you might know, hahaha, I'm an emet. BUT. I have other OCD habits that would seem to contradict my emetophobia?

Examples: I bite my fingernails. I wash my hands A LOT and use hand sanitizer A LOT during the day, but I still have my fingers in my mouth quite a bit. I've tried stopping, but I feel like it's a huge anxiety relief and if I don't bite my nails then I feel like I'm going to have a mental break down (sometimes).

Question: Does anyone else bite their nails? Or HAS anyone bitten their nails in the past and quit? If you quit, how did you quit?

Also, I'm an obsessive skin picker. I pick at blemishes/scabs/bumps/flaky skin/any kind of skin inconsistency. I feel that picking and removing any kind of "gunk" from my skin to be a relief and I feel SO discusting if I have a blemish (even if it's not visible to anyone else). I have scars all over my body (mostly my chest, arms and legs) from picking at my skin with the incorrect notion that picking will make my skin better. I consistently pick until I make the spot in which I'm picking bleed. I know that by having a few open wounds on my body makes me more prone to catching something, but I just can't stop.

I know that both of these things can make me sick by doing them but I do them anyway. Does anyone know how I would begin relieving my stress/anxiety in a different, less self destructive, way? I've tried stress balls, tea, herbal supplements. None of them work. I've tried putting that nasty tasting stuff on my finger nails and it didn't work either.

Does this make me LESS of an emet because I do these things that could make me sick? Or do you think they are unrelated?