Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Garlic????

Default Garlic????

Hi...along with my anti-emetics and anti-depression pills...i also like to have pre-biotic yogurt and i drink those drinks called Yakults once a day...I was just wondering though about garlic???? i know that garlic ery very good for the immune system but i was considering taking a garlic tablet now the autumn/winter months are coming...they say they help the heart but also say they help maintain a good and healthy immune system...does anyone take it?? and which brand?? I am from England so I may not know some of your brands,if i get any responces on this.thanks.

Also...anything else i can take to help not get stomach bugs and stuff??

Default Re: Garlic????

* "i know that garlic eaten raw is very very good for the immune system........

anyone??????

no one going to help or right anything back??

I would suggest you try to incorporate real garlic into your diet if you can.

If you can't, then by all means take the vitamin. It sounds like it does more good than harm (if no harm at all).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I eat garlic and raw onion every fall-winter, but be careful with them if you have gastric problems!
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oinons and garlic are antibacterial and antiviral jus' saying
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"

omg!! how did u eat garlic raw??? i tried some the other nite and it burnt my mouth and made my tummy feel funny as it was sooo strong!!

No! It does that burning thing but that's good! It means it's working! Keep it up.

I take garlic and have my boys take it every night. I don't know if it will help in the virus department, but I figure it can't hurt! And, I know its good for us. I've heard amazing things about it, and also about cranberry too as far as being anti-viral.
    JANNA

I love love love garlic. I use it all the time in recipes and usually add more than is called for. I think my body can handle so much because I was raised on it (I'm Italian). Raw garlic does burn my mouth but if you sautee it or cook it any other way it will taste much better. I'd suggest making some garlic bread each day with dinner, who doesn't love garlic bread?!

When my husband came down with the "swine flu", I bought some pure garlic drops and rubbed some in and around my nose every night. I heard it will kill any bacteria that tries to get in. Along with an ass-load of vitamin C, I never did get his sickness!!

i actually just read somewhere I think it was on Twitter, that taking garlic tablets can ward off the stomach virus. Not sure if its true or not BUT I know it is good for the system, so I would do it...I also take coconut oil tablets, which is great!

Wow I've actually never even heard that garlic did all those things you guys mentioned. That's good to know.. I eat garlic in a lot of my foods (which I'm able to do with my constant gum chewing lol). It's always been on my safe list but I didn't know it was so good with viruses.
    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.