Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Uti and scared to take antibiotic

Its a called sulfameth and it makes my stomach upset and i get diahria
    how can i get through this because this uti is horrible

Default Re: Uti and scared to take antibiotic

The only way you can get through it is to take the antibiotic and get that uti healed. They can be very dangerous if left untreated. What you can do is to take an anti-emetic like gravol or dramamine with it. The other thing that's helpful is to take probiotics or eat yogurt. Antibiotics can be harsh but they rarely if ever cause vomiting, especially in emetophobes. Take care...and take your medicine!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I had a UTI, I don't remember the medicine they gave me, but it also made me feel a little upset. Not really bad, but it did a little. I just kept telling myself that it's just a little feeling compared to kidney infection and possibly surgery or death if I don't take care of it. It's over before you know it.
    Just remember to breath....

I always just take antibiotics with food to kind of pad the tummy, and I always pick up some yogurt to keep from getting a yeast infection. There's nothing in the antibiotics that you NEED to get out of your system (like flu germs), so it's totally okay to take Immodium if you need it, too.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I had a UTI my freshmen year of college, I took the meds as the bottle said and I was fine. I had some intestinal problems, but it wasn't that bad. Getting the side effects is better than dealing with the UTI.