Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Not sure where else to introduce myself..

..so I'll try here. Hi. I'm one of those unusual guys with emetophobia. Lucky me. I've been this way for as long as I can remember (I've always been a little on the neurotic side, I'm afraid), and I can remember a long time. It's waxed and waned throughout my life, but a recent bout of IBS (which seems to be receding, thankfully) has convinced me that it's time to kick this habit once and for all, this year, which perhaps ironically marks the thirtieth anniversary of the last time I...well, you know.

Anyway, I'm here to learn, and maybe contribute something useful if I can.

Default Re: Not sure where else to introduce myself..

Welcome!

Well, if it helps at all, of all places...you're not unusual here! If you feel like sharing your stories or your current feelings or need any words of comfort, we're all here for that and more.

Write again soon.
    Just remember to breath....

Welcome! I hope you find what you are looking for and good luck on your recovery!

welcome.....i've found alot of help and comfort in here.......basically just knowing i'm not alone is wonderful.....i'm 58 and have had this since i was 8.........i have long periods of good times and then it comes back......now i'm doing pretty good
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome!

Hey!
    I'm new too. And until i found this website i thought i was alone with this. i've been teased and made fun of because of my fear for as long as i can remember. Even my boyfriend doesn't understand and thinks he can cure me.
    I havent been able to go to parties or attend any events with large amounts of people in years.
    I sit in my classrooms analyzing peoples faces to make sure no one is going to v*.
    Im glad i finally found a place where people understand.
    Jeneva.

Welcome Jeneva!