Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Period blehs?

hey guys, gotta type fast, but is it normal to get chills and just feel all crappy in the stomach with periods? It really sucks this is happening now, but i just got the stupid thing, and i just feel rotten. I went br and yeah I just feel like crampy crap all thro my stomach. And we have to eat and go to christmas eve service. Man I hope this is normal for periods! Bleh! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

it is hun. i get it all the time.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey Jen, thanks for the reassurance. I really dont wanna eat, its just bleh not a nice time to feel like this.

Try placing a heating pad on your abdonem to help with the pain and upset tummy. A teaspoon of honey does wonders for an upset stomach. Just rest, take Tylenol and get someone to rub your back.

Hope you feel better. Merry Christmas!!
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

yup. I feel your pain,

yeah, it's normal! the story of my life!

in fact, i dont mind having that during my period, b/c then i can just say "it's just from my period" and forget about it! so rest easy! it's just from your period!
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

Hey gals, lol yeah I like when I can just blame things on my period, for some reason when I know waht something is from Im much better able to handle it, even if its pretty painful and/or discomforting. Thank you for the reassurance! I am doing better now, still bleh feeling but not near as bad as it was. I guess it just kinda hit me hard there for a while.

Yes, it's more than normal. I always have d* andhorrible cramps during my period. Sometimes I can't even walk or stand up straight. Go to bed and just try to relax, read something nice. Heating pad and painkillersdo wonders.--&gt; [img]smileys/smilies_35.gif[/img]

I hope the service went ok. Sometimes its good that you KNOW whats wrong with you - although it can be a little scarry. Have a good christmasEdited by: izzybee

Hey guys!

Yeha the service went okay, it subsided, and Ive been more or less okay. Thank you for the support and help.

yea that happens to me too, little cramps and some nausea. but at least you can stop worrying! it brings reassurance into my life. Merry Christmas!

(Sorry this was a bit late, i didnt see the post till just now)

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Galadriel, glad you are doing better and that the service went alright!!!

But I've got the period blehs!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Christmas morning, I woke up to find Aunt Flow had come to visit! Grrr!!! Way to have a Christmas morning all crampy and grouchy!!I felt like Scrooge!!But I managed to get through yesterday. What is really troubling me is today. I feel horrible. I ate a snack (Chex mix stuff) before eating my Ibuprofen. Well a little while after that I started to feel really nauseaus with no cramp relief. Maybe I ate too much?? (I did spend most of the day sleeping, half due to depression, half due to just feeling bleh. So that could've contributed to it.)So I started to moan and complain. My mom and brother had to go to a party, and after asking me several times whether they should go or not, I begged them to go. I wanted to be alone. I didn't think that their staying would help me much, and would probably only raise my anxiety level. So NOW I have the runs, cramps, and nausea, and I'm home alone with an upset stomach. Ugh!! Why did this have to happen now?? So, Galadriel, I feel your pain!! I have a crapload of work to do (we're on the quarter system at school--in the middle of winter quarter) but I am NOT touching anything tonight! I just want to relax and snuggle up on the couch watching some TV!!! My tummy just feels rotten right now, so I can relate!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Neha!

Aww not you too! Lol mine came a day before yours! Ugh! Yeah Im still crampy some, its a real pain to feel nauseas and crampy and of course moody as hell when you have relatives to see! Yeah not a good combination when you just want to curl up and be alone!

Man I dont know about you, but Im ok until I eat something, then I just get all crampy and nauseas feeling, and then it passes and Im ok, it could be an ibs thing or mebe period related, i dont know, but it started soon after my period started. It seems like it comes up with something new every month!

This makes me soooooooooo thankful for the Depo shot; no more period ickies.

You guys aren't alone. I used to also get really bad stomachaches
    before and during my period, along with the d* and n*. Usually I would
    drink some really light tea with honey and ask someone to rub my lower
    back, or take a long hot bath.

I hope you're feeling better now &lt;3

Hey Gals!!

Yeah, I'm doing a LOT better than I was earlier tonight!! The power of restand relaxation...and Ibuprofen!!But yeah, what a time to have your period on?!!! I felt like such a bummer when everyone was all cheerful and happy and I was kind of all"Bah Humbug." But at least I managed to have a good Christmas!! How were yours?

You know, I hate having the runs and having my period at the same time!!! As if that weren't enough!!!

The joys of being a girl huh??
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Ahh yes.. period cramps are no fun. I have heard that avoiding fried foods and foods high in sodium a week before your period can help keep cramps mild. Also try to continue eating 3 balanced meals to keep your body happy [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. And I konw this doesn't sound like it would work, but going for walks during your period can help keep cramps at bay. Something about the motion during the walk keeps your muscles from feeling so crampy.

I hope some of this helps.. I know that "time of the month" isn't fun but I hope some of this could help keep your cramps mild
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

Hey guineaash!!

Thanks so much for the tips!!! I will definetly be trying those!! I guess my sleeping most of the day probably made the cramps worse! And I don't think my diet was too balanced either!! Hmmm...makes sense now!! Thanks alot again though for the helpful tips!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!