Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Ok so my Christmas day has gone from OK to terrible in the last 2 hours if that....everything was fine until my mum suddenly felt ill about two hours ago and has VERY bad stomach cramps and diahorrea, and feels very sick. She's gone upstairs now and I don't know whether she's been sick or not cos I've turned up the music on my computer REALLY loud. Now I'm convinced she's caught something from the hospital she works at and now I'm just in a totally black mood because now I'm just worried about catching something, and more worried about if she's been sick, because there are 2 loos in the house and she's used BOTH of them and now if I need the toilet I'm not going to be able to go, so now I've stopped eating and drinking. I was completely fine till then, and now I've just got a headache (lack of sleep last night) that's getting worse cos I'm worrying about it.

Bloody typical...my emet is fine until something like this happens and then I turn into a gibbering wreck. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I don't think it's Norwalk but it sounds like something nasty like that.

Don't know what to do now. In fact I'm on the verge of totally freaking.

OK I really don't know what to do now...my mum is throwing up upstairs and Im sitting here crying. Don't know whether to go out and sleep in the car at this rate, I cant possibly go upstairs at all.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Oh no! I feel so horrible for you. Is she continuing to vomit? Anyway, maybe you could sleep on the couch tonight if you don't want to go upstairs. From information i've read, as long as she doesn't vomit near food or while you are in the same room, you will be ok as you can't catch it through air. I would practice good hygiene, and disinfect a lot of things. I don't really know how to help you cause this really hasn't happened to me yet, but i really hope you are ok!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Sounds like she;s caught that stomach bug..... but i'm not certain though! Just be glad it's not you who is feeling ill

Hope you're ok too - my mum has just announced that she feels sick too and we're supposed to be travelling in a few hours!! I'm really scared... I hope you're ok and your mum too.

Could it be food poisoning? There are many incidences this time of year. Hope all is well, and you find out what is wrong, and you don't get it. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Charlotte

oh dear, i really feel for your mum! what a miserable time to get sick eh?
    aslong as she is away from you and the food, you should be fine, keep your mum upstairs for the time being,maybe you could send someone up??
    i hope you're both okay

How is she now?

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

aww no thats horrible =| maybe she ate something that didnt agree with her....

is she still ill?

Jenxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You poor thing !! Hang in there. Try and be strong, and calm. Stay away from the washrooms she uses and at the same time try and help her out -from a distance [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I hope your mom is doing a little better. Try to relax. My aunt called me up yesterday morning and said she was up with the runs until 9 in the morning. It turns out it was something she ate. Do you think it might be something she ate? How is she now?

Hey there,

Thanks for your messages of support! Basically she thinks it was something she ate, although it's not clear cut - could have been a bug but both me and my dad are feeling OK so far touch wood. She was sick through last night so spent 4 hours trying to get to sleep with my fingers in my ears. Eventually I fell asleep with very sore ears!

Have only eaten a slice of Xmas cake in about 30 hours so I'm very hungry and I think things will be OK so might dare to eat something in a bit. But having to avoid the bathroom wasn't pleasant but half an hour ago I decided I had to because the need to go to the toilet combined with needing a shower was too great, so I used both.Wasn't that bad in the end, some dodgy marks on the toilet mat which can only be one thing, plus v* stained clothes in the corner...but I'm just tired of it now so I relented.

Had an argument with my mum because she thought me and my dad (who is slightly emet) were being unsympathetic and she doesn't understand why I was behaving like I was, so things still aren't great. Have had a totally crap Christmas overall anyway. No food, panicking, still a bit worried I'm gonna get something, bad feeling and arguments, and not one of my non university friends who live down here have bothered to get in touch this holidays...even though Ive tried getting in touch with them. Can't wait till it's all over really.

Sorry to hear that you had such a crappy holiday. Talk
    about unfortunate. Hey I totally understand you there when nonemets are
    blaming emets for being unsympathetic because of the nonemet being
    sick, and the emet reacting.... well you know. Unfortuantely because I
    am very phobic of others being sick I am truely unsympathetic towards
    others being sick, I dont just come off appearing that way, I AM that
    way. And I know how terrible that is of me but... I cant really blame
    myself either because of the nature of my phobia. And I am even less
    sympathetic towards those who are sick if they aren't exactly "modest"
    about it, which means anything from announcing it especially knowing
    how the phobia affects me or making it obvious in other ways that they
    have been sick. Well anyway I'm sorry you had such a bad time. I;'ve
    had a pretty crappy holiday too but not for the same reasons.

Miriam

</font>

OMG I am soooo sorry you had to go through that. You didn't run away tho! I would have wanted to run away. You did good!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I hope everyone is doing well. How is your mom doing now?

I think a lot of us are really proud of you because you just went
    through something that would have caused a total shutdown in a lot of
    us. Congratulations, hon, and I hope you're feeling better now (and
    your mother as well).