Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh, win some lose some, I guess.

Well, I had a very small victory last week at a Youth Rally when they showed a very graphic picture of a guy v* on a roller coaster, and not only did it not affect me, I thought it was hilarious. (Though it did warrant the expected "OH EW!" from me, lol) I've really been doing very well lately. Working at a school, (well, technically two schools) I'm around sick kids every day and it has ceased to bother me. Especially since I've hardly ever caught anything from them, since most of what little kids get are things I've already had anyway.

I don't feel very victorious tonight though. The teacher whom I am assistant to was extremely ill today at school. Just looking at her you could tell she felt horrible. I was already in a state of thinking, "okay, I just got over a bad cold, please don't get me sick again" when near the end of the day she starting running out to v*. Like she was literally in the middle of dictating a note to send home with a kid, (I'm very new at this so she had to tell me the best way to write it) and made the awful face which alone could make most of us cringe and ran out.

To my credit, I kept very calm the whole time, and I felt so bad for her, but now I'm having a hard time keeping my cool because I was in a small classroom with her all day long, most of the time right next to her because her voice was scratchy and I had to get close to understand her. I kept expecting her to go home early because, hello! You're throwing up! But the poor lady didn't, and is still determined to show up tomorrow if she can at all make it. Judging by look of her today, I don't expect her to, which is scary enough seeing that I have only been her assistant a week and now I'm faced with running her class, (yikes!) but I also have the looming possibility of catching it.

I'm feeling okay so far, except for that annoying worried feeling and anxiousness about going to bed, and I'm holding out hope that either she's past the point of contagiousness, (she's been sick all weekend) or my nice young immune system will save me! (She is considerably older than me) That along with my Airborne. Yay for Airborne.

I bought an mild antiemetic though just to have on hand to make me feel better, lol.

Wish me luck in not catching it, guys. Because I'm pretty sure it would be disasterous if both me AND the teacher called out sick.

Default Re: Ugh, win some lose some, I guess.

Wow sounds like an exciting first week lol!!!
    Well I hope everything turned out good for you!

sounds like you were very brave....hooray for you

i'm sure you will be fine.......hygeine
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow! Well done!
    I'm sure you'll be OK, like you said, she's probably past the contagious stage! And tell her, if she is sick the next couple of days, that you find it difficult to deal with and she may be more careful about not passing it on to you. Ask if it was a bug, or if she ate something bad? You sound like you're being really strong and caring towards her (she must feel awful) which is amazing.
    Trust me, I could not even be in the same school as her! You are doing amazingly! Keep it up.