Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help Paranoia

Ok - so my mother has just said she has a slight stomach ache but it's the type you usually get when you have a bug: I don't want to ask how she is feeling in case I remind her of it and she feels worse and of course, assuming it's a bug I'm not to keen to go near her in case she runs for the toilet in my presense. Now I have my music on in my room and keep thinking I can hear sounds of her throwing up - please help - I feel like I'm going crazy. What's more, I can't sleep like this but I have to get up in a few hours time to leave for the airport! If I don't get enough sleep (which I clearly won't) then I'm oing to feel seriously sick too. This is not a good situation!

OMG I know exactly what you're going through. I've been in the same situation before and seriously couldn't handle it and ended up leaving. I was staying with my parents and since they were short on room my husband stayed with his..... I ended up calling him to come and get me in the middle of the night. I don't think this is what you should do, but I just wanted to say I totally understand. Hopefully you're doing better now.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Serena, don't panic.. maybe this is no comfort, but whenever i have hada stomach bug i have never ever expereienced cramps/aches beforehand..i can appreciate that some people do, but stomach ache could be the result of anything..it doesn't mean she'll be sick ok?
    You *know* that she has not physically been sick,so i hope you sleep okay.
    enjoy your flight!

hah ur not going crazy -- the amount of times i think i hear someone throwing up, and its actually nothing..... makes me look like a rite nutter sometimes.

maybe the fact she hasnt mentioned nething since, means she feels a little better?

i hope thts the case anyway,

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope you're fight with your panic didn't last too long and that you were able to get some sleep. I know how you feel when you think you can hear someone being unwell -one of my housemates does it to me all the time - he gags a lot when he brushes his teeth. The first time he did it I fled for24hours...notexactly facing the fear, I know but I couldn't handle it.

Anyway I hope you're mother is ok now and that you had a safe flight - please let us know you are ok.
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>