Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default School tomorrow - feel sick!?!?

So, I'M WORRIED! AND I FEEL SICK
    I haven't been into school for at least 8 weeks - what with my phobia and the summer holidays. I keep getting huge panic attacks and feeling really sick. I always worry I have a bug or that I'm going to be sick. Every noise my stomach makes, every time I burp or a slightly dry mouth I panic SO much that it means I will be sick - even though I'm perfectly healthy! I hope...
    Anyway, tomorrow, my headmaster says I MUST go into school - even just for an hour or so. WHAT IF I V*???? I am so worried, I am so worried I'll get a bug and throw up. Please, does anyone have any advice on how to deal with my sicky feeling I get when I'm worried? Just need someone to talk to as my mum is getting bored of the subject of v*....thanks in advance to any replies.

Default Re: School tomorrow - feel sick!?!?

GO!! You'll be absolutely FINE! You just need to gather some experience going to school and NOT getting sick. Go, and make it through the day. Then the next day, you can tell yourself, "I went yesterday and I didn't get sick." Then go again.

I was where you're at. I promise, it's hard in the beginning, but the more you push yourself, the braver you become. For some of us, every little step is a triumph.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I was the same way, I missed so much school because I was afraid of being sick. I finally had to be homeschooled because I was failing classes. Maybe that's a better option for you? Is that possible? Don't worry about school it will be fine! You won't throw up and you'll be proud of yourself when the day is over. Good luck!

Go to school. You will not be sick! There's no reason for why you should be sick. You'll be fine!

The same thing is happening to me right now- it happens every Sunday, because I got scared and almost ... on a monday. But the nurse knows about it now. Maybe if your mother is so worried, if you get really scared you can call her, like I do. She'll probably take you home. For me, she drives up there and sits with me until it goes away. And trust me, it does go away. Next time you're scared, just think about the differences between panic and real ... . For example, "it's only panic because my stomach doesn't physically hurt" or something.

this was posted a little while ago but i have to tell you...i absolutely know its a struggle. but please go. i wagged everyday at school and left so many times during the day and had soo many sick days always feeling how you're feeling now. but trust me when i tell you that there is nothing wrong with you. and you cant really train your mind to think that but i regret it so much missing most of my school days becasue i always felt tlike this. i will never go back to school again and i missed out on so much. sure its no fun doing school activites and socializing when you constantly feel sick but it is worth it. and you will regret it if you never go. its not nice but dont let this stupid phobia rule the most important part of your life like i did. you can pull through each day and you can keep going long after you cant. i only wish i knew that then.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

you've got to force yourself to go.....i know it's really hard.....do not let this emet ruin your life. go to school , get involved in activities, etc........push that anxiety right out of your head......fill it with fun and friends........

go to school..........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you SO much guys - I am trying really hard and I don't know where I'd be without people like you! It means so much to me. Thanks.

keep up the good work hunny. xx
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

emet is ruining my life, don't let it ruin yours babe,
    ~~Lacey X

I've had similar experiences and people just telling me to go but it wasn't that easy. The first day is always the hardest especially if you haven't been in a while. You could try acupressure points, I've found they can help with feeling sick, and remember to breath!!! You could take some meds with you or before as a back up. Even if you walk in and walk back out again it's still a step foreward. Good luck!!

to relax, take deep breaths. in through your nose and out through your mouth.
    when i get all panicky due to fear of being sick, I breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth slowly, about 5 times and I feel much better.
    and just so you know I used to hate school so much due to my phobia, I would always be off "sick", your not the only one

Oh I definitely understand this. Last year, I nearly failed my senior year of high school due to this. I was terrified to go to school. Kids get sick a lot, as you know. But you need to remember that school is really important. I missed so much school, that I had a hard time graduating. I would sometimes be so nervous, I wouldn't sleep all night. And by morning, I wouldn't' have slept and just couldn't bring myself to get up and go to school. Or even if I did get sleep, I'd be so panicked in the morning that I couldn't go. I was late almost every time I went. And I'd only end up staying for a few hours and then leaving. And I regret that more than anything now. I wish I had just sucked it up and gone, regardless of the fear. Because now, I'm having a hard time getting into colleges. My grades dropped so much. I know it's soooo hard. But it's necessary. You can't go back and do it over again. So do it right now. Don't let this fear own you. Don't let it rule your life and your future like I did. Because I promise you, you will regret it.

Be strong!