Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy I'm new...here's the short version of my story... + the right hand sanitiser to use

Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum.

I've had emetophobia for a long time. I'm 20 and I think I have had this phobia from when I was about 11. I v* a few times when I was little and the last time was when I was 10. I can't believe I went through the whole of secondary school without v*. But I don't see it as an achievement, more of a relief.

Anyway I'm not sure why I have it. I'm most afraid of v* myself rather than other people do it. I have had more exposure this year but not because of the dreaded noro. When I was younger (don't remember though) I ate loads of sand then threw up. BUT I think it was because someone was throwing up behind me in assembly and I asked my Mum how you get it. And you said you catch it from others. I panic between September and March then I cool down a bit! My lil sis gets the noro a lot so I have to!

The good stuff...

Now I wash my hands and when I'm out I use a hand sanitiser before I ealy A quick fact here: Buy a sanitiser that kills VIRUSES not just bacteria. People are constantly using the cheap ones that kill bacteria only and think that it's going to stop them getting a bug (cold, stomach etc). These are VIRUSES! These particles are not air bourne and are tiny so wearing a face mask will not help! However washing your hands is the best method! I don't like using public toilets as some people do not wash there hands so I use tissue to flush chain and lock/unlock the door. Then when I am out after opening the door, I don't touch my mouth, nose or eyes or eat until I wash my hands or use sanitiser. Another tip: when you are out with people going into shops etc, let them open the doors...just walk behind them and they have to!

Hope this has helped some people. I was doing better until earlier when someone on the radio said that people were dropping like wildflies here v* and also someone went to v*. AND the radio man was laughing. Ughh >.<

Default Re: I'm new...here's the short version of my story... + the right hand sanitiser to u

Ok I didn't read over this. Ealy is meant to say eat. I don't know how it came out like that. My laptop often does things like this. Stupid DELL.

Default Re: I'm new...here's the short version of my story... + the right hand sanitiser to u

Hey I'm glad you've found this site. I'm not on here often, but you'll get to know a lot of the people and you'll get a LOT of support.

I hope things get better for you.
    ☮ ♥ emma

in the usa we have gold bond hand sanitizing lotion which does kill noro and doesn't dry out your hands.....
    do they sell that there?? it is awesome..
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Washing with soap and water is considered the better way to prevent virus transmission, but alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also effective.

According to an article published in the February, 2009, issue of Clinical Infectious Diseases, "Efficacy of soap and water and alcohol-based hand-rub preparations against live H1N1 influenza virus on the hands of human volunteers," both hand cleaning techniques were effective in killing H1N1 (a strain of flu) virus on deliberately infected health care workers.

A September, 2005, article in Pediatrics, "A randomized, controlled trial of a multifaceted intervention including alcohol-based hand sanitizer and hand-hygiene education to reduce illness transmission in the home," concludes "...alcohol-based hand sanitizers rapidly kill viruses that are commonly associated with respiratory and gastrointestinal (GI) infections."

The bottom line is good hand-hygiene helps prevent the spread of both bacteria and viruses. Hand washing with soap and water is slightly more effective than alcohol-based hand sanitizers, but the sanitizers do kill viruses.

benzethonium chloride is what kills the noro virus........so look for hand sanitizers which contain that......i've read that the alcohol based ones do not work for noro.....just what i've learned on this forum anyways

i've actually found them at strange places like the dollar tree and big lots. some of the wet wipes also contain the benzo stuff.....just have to read the labels.

i keep it in my purse for times when i'm not able to wash..........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wow i need to find this stuff. just read some articles and it remains active on your skin for up to 6 hours!

they sell gold bond hand sanitizing lotion at walmart and walgreens........i'm sure other places have it also....just saw it yesterday at walgreens and they have a new fragrance......citrus......the original smells like roses i think lol......it's kind of pricey.....but you use just a little at a time.........so the bottle lasts a while....i love the stuff not only for it's virus fighting powers but it really makes my hands soft
    how i feel about emet