Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: :(

I think I may have gotten that stomach virus my family had, darn it! I'm super nauseous.

I did try stopping my gastroparesis med today for the week (My Dr. says I should stop it for a week each month so that I don't get too used to it and so we can preserve the utility of the med...) but I had to take it I felt so bad. It didn't help, so now I don't know if its that, or if I did in fact get the virus.

Either way, I feel horribly nauseous, like I could v' at any second, and I'm not ready for that. I don't think I'll ever be ready for that.

Oh no!!! I am sooooooo sorry! You must let us know how you are doing! Just remember what I told ya.....You will survive, you have v'd before, and so have billions of other people.

If it is a virus, it will make it sooooo much easier to just accept it, and get through it. You will see that it was not as bad as us emets make it out to be!!

We are here for you if you need support!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte

Thanks Char, that sort of put things into perspective.

That brings up a good point though- I have v'd before, but I honestly don't remember what it's like at all. Why do I fear it then? I don't know. I just always have since the last time I did, which I remember doing it, I remember being rushed into the bathroom at the dentists office (where it happened) and standing over the toilet, but I don't remember doing it at all or what it was like.

The compazine seems to have helped a little bit, or the reglan, I don't know. I'm not supposed to take them at the same time, but I did.

I understand what you are saying. I know exactly how it feels to v because I did it a few years ago. (and of course...had alot of episodes in my life before that) You are afraid to v because you lose all control. It is something you cannot stop at all. That is the part you are afraid of. It is not the v'ing itself. Although unpleasant, it is not deadly.

When I think of v, I remember the taste, smell, and the sensation you get when it comes up. I hate it, but I ask myself.."who doesn't?" It is just that we emets tend to get caught up in wondering when it will happen, where it will happen, and how..etc. It is the fear of losing control, because there is nothing to be afraid of when we v. It is our bodys' ways of getting rid of unwanted foods, toxins, and viruses. It is a very beneficial thing for us as humans, even though you and I, and all other emets don't really care about that part!

I have had emet for so long, that I am to the point to where, yeah, I am afraid to get a stomach bug, but I am also at the point to where I am telling myself, that it is NOTHING compared to the axiety and panic we put into it. That is actually worse that v'ing/nausea.

Just relax and tell your rational part of the brain the truth, and not what the irrational side wants to hear, and it should help you deal with your anxieties better. When I catch myself starting to panic, I think about what is rational and real, and my anxiety subsides. I am still an emet by all means, but I am just trying out new ways of dealing with this awful phobia. I hope that helps. I know alot of this is easier said that done, but if you just tell yourself the realistic stuff, you will eventually just "know" the truth! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I wish I could offer some comfort, but I really have nothing that I can
    give except to tell you that we're all here for you if you need us.
    Hang in there, and even if you did get the bug, it will be over soon,
    you'll come out from it alright, and you'll have one more strike
    against your phobia.

Please keep us updated on how you're doing.

How are you feeling now? Hope you're doing better!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I really hope you are feeling better. Please let us know how you are doing.

I hope you are doing okay, please try and hang in there. Unfortunately, as much as all of us hate to admit it, stomach bug is going around. The best thing about this bug is that it hits you hard, and leaves you just as fast !!! They call it a 24 hour bug, which is promising. But the most promising (at least in my opinion) is that you will probably only get sick a few times and then sleep and sleep. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    I really, really hope you do not get sick. Sounds like you are pretty convinced you are. If you need any support at all, please dont hesitate to msn me sourgirl777@hotmail.
    Let us know how you are doing, nonetheless. It will be over soon !!!

Thanks you guys...

I never did get sick last night, though it sure felt like I would. I finally fell asleep around 5AM and felt a lot better when I woke up this afternoon. Still a little woosy though, my boss called to see if I could come in today and I told her I was sick. It would have been nice to pick up the hours but today was not the day.

This too shall pass, I promise.

Get better.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

I'm glad you are feeling better. Hang in there. You will feel better soon. [img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]

I'm glad you are feeling better!

Hey there!! Glad to hear you're feeling a bitbetter now!!!Tomorrow you will feel much better!! Keep your chin up! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.