Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help??? Cough, wheezing, getting freaked out

Hello All,
    Since you all are such a wealth of info and experiences, I am hoping you can help me. I have had a cough for a few weeks now. Last weekend I went to a walk in because I could hear wheezing in my chest. He told me it's in the bronchi and gave me an anti biotic (Omnicef). A week later and it didn't help at all (probably viral, that's why). Well, I am still coughing and wheezing and now feel sort of out of breath. Went back to walk in and he said now it sounds like asthma and wheezing ( more than the last time he saw me). So he prescribed 2 inhalers, QVAR and PRO AIR. The pro air is albuterol. I am scared because I took them and they helped some, but tonight I can hear and feel wheezing...still coughing and am short of breath. My mom and grandmother had asthma later in life, but I have never had anything like this. I just worry it will get worse...Are any of you familiar with this, or asthma, or inhalers??? Please???? Thank you.

Default Re: Help??? Cough, wheezing, getting freaked out

could it be whooping cough? the ONLY reason I am asking is bc I was just watching the Drs. and they said it keeps getting brushed off as asthma or a cold. It is a constant cough with wheezing. Just thought I would bring it up.

Default Re: Help??? Cough, wheezing, getting freaked out

Thanks Ann...I started reading about whooping cough, and it COULD be, except that the coughing isn't as violent as they say. Still, I have all this stuff in my chest and am getting nervous....anyone else have experiences with lungs, asthma, etc???