Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone else have a problem with eating hot meals?

I literally hate eating hot meals, like soup or mince or curry. It reminds me of vomit. Does anyone else have this feeling? If yes, how do you cope with it? Argh! It's so annoying!

Default Re: Anyone else have a problem with eating hot meals?

I definitely have issues eating foods that remind me of vomit. There are some that I muscle through and enjoy because I really love them... but usually foods that are new to me and remind me of vomit make me hesitant and kinda kill my appetite.
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I like soups and things like that. Sometimes I even drink it off the bowl instead ofuse a spoon! It's especially good when the weather is cold out. I love the feeling of the hot soup in my belly. It is so pleasing and comforting. The warmth spreads from within, adding to the sense of well-being from having food in my stomach. It's super-relaxing!

David

its not the warmth that used to put me of, its the colour and look of it.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Food only makes me think of v* if I have actually v* from it. It takes me forever to eat something I have gotten sick off before. I just recently started eating spaghetti again and Wendy's chicken nuggets. But as far as looks of food it doesn't bother me.