Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Help Me Quit Coffee

I have to give up coffee. I feel SO much better when I don't drink it. Coffee is hard on my stomach and the caffeine makes me feel really spacey, not to mention it makes my anxiety worse. Not good things for someone with emetophobia. But the damn thing is addictive and, despite my best intentios thus far, I CANNOT pass up that cup of coffee even though I know that within an hour of drinking it I'll feel blah at best and horrible at worse. So even though I have already had a cup today, as of this moment I vow to be coffee-free... but I need your encouragement and support. So I'm going to post my progress here regularly and I would really appreciate your feedback... and if any of you want to become coffee-free with me, that would be great!!

This is not going to be easy because just talking about it here makes me crave a cup. Ugh~!

Default Re: Help Me Quit Coffee

Coffee does the same thing to me, so I drink tea. Too much tea can make me feel crappy too though. I remember when I was younger I would feel so sick when I drank coke, but for whatever reason I couldn't stop myself and would end up feeling horrible all night after I had it. The things we do... Too bad it is so good at the time you are having it huh?! Best of luck going off the coffee!!! Maybe decaf will do it for ya??
    Cheers!!

Thanks!
    Decaf doesn't make me all jittery and spacey but it still upsets my tummy. I think it's something in the coffee that does that and not the caffeine. I don't know.

So far so good - I have resisted the temptation since I started this thread. BUT I WANT ONE - WAHHHH! haha

But-But-But... You are gonna quit coffee on National Coffee Day? Sorry, I am a coffee bug. Unless I drink huge amounts of coffee, it actually helps me! To each his own though.

Good luck!
    (P.S. the few times I have had to quit caffeine I switched to decaf... it tasted about the same)

I can't have too much caffine, but I like the taste of coffee. I started drinking Folger's Simply Smooth decaf coffee. It's for sensitive stomachs. It helps A LOT!!

What better day to quit than on National Coffee Day? haha

Hmmm... I should try Foldger's Smooth.... NOOO you're tempting me!! Get behind me satan LOL. Kidding.

So I resisted the urge to get my regular coffee this morning. I feel like I have a coffee hangover, if that makes sense. Maybe I'll just get a small one and wean myself off gradually..... no that's just an excuse to keep drinking it. Oh but I want some!!! *cries*

You can buy stuff at the health food store that is herbal and tastes like coffee, I think mine is called Dandy Blend. Not as good, but will definitely help curb your cravings!
    JANNA

How is this going for you?

I had to quit coffee for the exact same reasons as you. If you want to avoid the "coffee hangover" caffeine withdrawal feelings, switch to tea for a little while. It has way less caffeine and helps you wein yourself off without too much of that headache feeling. I miss coffee a lot! But not having a sick tummy and extra anxiety from it is wayyy more worth it.
    Hope you're doing well with this!

I think I'm over the "coffee hangover" - it was a rough weekend though. I have been drinking tea, but it didn't really seem to help much. Maybe much of the "hangover" is psychological? Who knows. Thanks for the support everyone!