Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

One of my nieces is sick AGAIN. I was supposed to keep them this morning while their mohter worked, BUT my oldest niece woke up at 4 am this morning VOMITING!! As much as I hate it for my niece (and her mother who is pregnant) I worry about my kids getting it. We havent been around them since Sat. morning. Of course, she wasnt vominting then. She hasnt even been at daycare since Mon. of last week. Normally I wouldnt be very freaked out about this because I know we havent been around them since Sat., but last month when my daughter was sick, we werent around my niece when she vomited, and my niece started vomiting on Mon. and it was Thurs before my daughter got it. AND that time we knew something was going around the daycare, cause there was ALOT of other kids with it too. It just kinda seems like it is happening this time like it did last time. No one was vomiting this weekend, and we were around them, and then WHAM, Mon afternoon my niece starts with it. Even then I thought we were safe because we were around her when she vomited, but I was wrong and my daughter had it on Thurs. Of course, I dont know who all they were around this weekend. I am just scared one of my kids is gonna get it again this time.Edited by: jennyleigh1975

just try to remember, however hard it is, that if one of ur kids does get it, then it only needs to be unpleasant for them.... <sighs> i hope this doesnt come out the wrong way, but try and rise above emet and say "no, my kid is feeling rotton, and im feeling sorry for her, therefore ur not gnna make me panic now"

in other words.. it wont be doing you any good sitting there worrying about it.. because whatever happens happens, its out of ur control now. just take eaach day as it comes.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is one thing that us emets do is correlate events... if a situation happens one time, it'll happen each time that same situation arises. I do it, with dates, places, foods.... Just because your child got sick after a relative did last time, doesn't mean that your child will get sick again because another relative is sick. I'm sorry you are worrying about it, because I know exactly what you're feeling. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I hope you all stay well.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

The last time your daughter got sick it probably was not from your
    niece, but rather from someone in the daycare. There was several
    days of separation between them. During that time your daughter
    was at daycare where many kids had the bug. Seems more reasonable
    that she got it there.

As for now, your daughter has not been near them since the
    weekend. Your niece may have picked this bug up anywhere.
    My kids were in an infected school last week and neither one got sick
    from that exposure. However, I know that when they return the
    likelihood that they will get it remains very high until this stomach
    bug peters out and a new strain of coughs, sore throats, pink eye
    and/or influenza begins to make its rounds. I say bring on
    the colds, coughs and bronchitis.

The stomach bug thing is gross. As an emet, to me it is the worse
    of any childhood illness. As for other moms who are not emets, I
    find so many of them prefer stomach bugs to much of anything
    else. They like the fact that it is relatively quick in duration
    compared to colds an coughs that linger on for weeks. I learned
    this after this horrible sick scare at my childrens' school. Most
    of the parents did not care. About 15 of us did. I guess it
    is all a matter of perception.

For me stomach bugs are horrible, especially for my son who has
    IBS. When he gets the stomach virus he vomits for days.
    UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Stella9

My niece seems to be fine now and has held down some water and coke. I talked to her mother about 10am. She hadnt eaten yet at that time, but the coke and water stayed down. I even heard her laughing and playing in the background. Maybe it was nothing. I sure hope so. Her mother said she has done this before and it turned out to be nothing and no one else got it

Huh............. who knows, I just hope my kids dont get it!!

Let me add, my kids dont go to daycare, I am a stay at home mom. It is my nieces that go to daycare.

Stella,

I cannot comprehend why anyone would prefer a stomach bug. OMG that just creeps me out. I agree with you that it is the worst of the illnesses, and I've had mono myself, give me that anyday. I prefer sleeping to v*ing.

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

well i can relate actually. i'm 27 years old and i got this illness when i was in college. Since then (1998) to be exact, i am a wreck when i hear someone is sick. My fiancee just got sick at a friends house on Sunday and wanted to go to his mom's because he knows how i am, and then his mom got it about 5 hours later. I haven't seen him since Sunday, but I'm so mentally occupied by the thought of it that i left work early yesterday adn just went home and slept. I'm GREAT when i'm sleeping....

So today, I find out that 2 other people in his family that were at the same holiday party that we were, are sick too. Now I'm really freaking out. i have to go outside and take deep breathes. People think i'm nuts. I don't know what my problem is. Everyone is telling me that if I were going to get sick i would have already. it's constantly on my mind. I hate being at work because i don't want to get sick here....

HELP!!!!

Well, my niece has been fine all day and no one else has gotten sick .............. yet. Her little sister drank out of her cup earlier today, so if it is contagious, I assume we will know in 24 hrs or so. Depending on how fast moving it is, if "it" is a virus.

I just sincerely hope that my sister in law doesnt call over here tonight and ask me to keep my nieces tomorrow, cause I would have to tell her no!!!!Edited by: jennyleigh1975

Quote Originally Posted by erieann

well i can relate actually. i'm 27 years old and i got this illness when i was in college. Since then (1998) to be exact, i am a wreck when i hear someone is sick. My fiancee just got sick at a friends house on Sunday and wanted to go to his mom's because he knows how i am, and then his mom got it about 5 hours later. I haven't seen him since Sunday, but I'm so mentally occupied by the thought of it that i left work early yesterday adn just went home and slept. I'm GREAT when i'm sleeping....

So today, I find out that 2 other people in his family that were at the same holiday party that we were, are sick too. Now I'm really freaking out. i have to go outside and take deep breathes. People think i'm nuts. I don't know what my problem is. Everyone is telling me that if I were going to get sick i would have already. it's constantly on my mind. I hate being at work because i don't want to get sick here....

HELP!!!!

Hi Ann,

I know how you feel, at our staff meeting yesterday, a coworker said she was nursing a sick kid on Christmas Eve, now today she came in late because her husband has it... I immediately wanted to go home. It's like an automatic response. I hate all the worrying. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]