Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

im starting to really panic.
    I'm 14, and iv had my periods since I was 12..so they're bound to be irregular for the first few years..
    however.. i have gone through stages where i have not had my periods for long stretches of time.
    A couple of years ago, i went for two monthes withouta period only for them to return.. this year I have gone from June to November without a single period..thats 5 months.. i last had a period in November, but I've missed December,so i don't know what the hell's going on.
    I know that periods are irregular for the first couple of years, but mine are non-exsistant, and when i have them they are *always* regular.
    I'm eating a lot more, im no longer underweight, so im starting to get very worried.

aww hun i wish ther was something i cud say to make u feel better....

for me, its the other way around, im severely underweight, yet am stil having periods. and under six stone ur not supposed to have ne.. yet i still am =| altho im not complaining.

if ur really worried u cudsee a doctor, but im sure they're just gnna say that if it doesnt calm down when ur 18, or around that, then thats when u shud be worried.. because before then stress/hormones can all just make it go irregular!

maybe im spouting s***e... but try not to worry..

Jen xxxxxxx

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nah jen, you're not spouting anything but sense
    periods must put a great strain on your body right now..i just don't get any signs,nothing..
    this completely sucks! i feel stuck in girl-hood whilst my friends are growing up and altering.
    I don't think a doctor would be of much help now you mention it, but waiting till im 18?!

Jazz,

I would recommend seeing a doctor NOW...don't wait until you're 18 for God's sake! I'm not trying to alarm you - 99% sure it's just a funny idiosyncrasy of yours, but you never know. For sure, I'd want to get it checked. have you told your parents? I would recommend telling your mom or dad, and asking to see a doctor for a complete physical, including a history. This is very important. It isn't normal to have periods like this.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

thanks sage, yep, my mum reckons it's something or nothing, but im concerned.
    she says it's justa stage of mine, and that they'll resume once again, but im not confident.
    I've read somewhere that missing periods like i have been doing can be a symptom of ovarian cysts..im not jumping the gun here, but im panicking like hell.

NO i didnt mean wait till ur 18 to see the doc......

i said using my knowledge of the NHS doc's they'd probaly say to you " if its still lke this in a few years time - come back".

=|

xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Jazz, sweetie, put your mind at rest and get a check up, please. You'll feel so much better knowing what is causing your periods to be random than not knowing. By not knowing you are fearing the worst, hence making yourself stressed and therefore affecting your cycle.

It probably is NOTHING to WORRY about but I'm sure you and your mum will feel better after seeing a doc.

Let us know how it goes.

<font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

thanks chloe
    sorry, no jen, i didn't mean that!my comment was a slur on the whole "wait till your 16" crap they always give you.
    ive spoken to my mum, sometimes i really wish she wasn't so relaxed about things like this
    she's trying to convince me that it's because i lost weight, but i *know* there's more to it than this.. she's arranging an appointment, but i know I'll have to wait ages because my mum isn't exactly enthusiastic about this latest request...help

Quote Originally Posted by sage

to see a doctor for a complete physical, including a history.
    could you perhaps tell me what the history involves? im not so clued up on what to suggest when i see the doctor..i'll be so angry if i am told yet again, to come back in god knows how long..i told a nurse about these issues a couple of monthes ago, but she told me it was because i had lost weight and my ovaries had shut down..but now my periods have completely stopped 3 TIMES.

Jazz, I don't know if this applies in the UK, but in the US we have
    planned parenthood clinics where girls who are under 18 can go to get
    GYN check-ups, birth control, and all that other stuff without parental
    consent. If your mom is dragging heels about making an appointment for
    you, I would suggest trying to track down a planned parenthood or
    women's health clinic, and make your own appointment.

Like Sage said, there's a good chance that it's just your hormones
    acting erratically, but it could be something more serious. If it IS
    hormones, though, then just getting on the birth control pill will help
    regulate your periods. My periods were really erratic when I was around
    your age (I'd have a 12 day long period one month, skip a month, and
    then have a 4-day long period), and as soon as I went on the pill I was
    fine.

P.S. I understand what you mean when you talk about feeling like you're
    stuck in girl-hood. However, after about a year of regular periods,
    you'll probably be wishing that you could turn them off again

Jazz - I know you're young, so I'll probably sound like your mother - lol...but at some point in life you kind of have to take your health care into your own hands (not let doctors mess you around). Insist on a complete physical to check EVERYTHING out - don't just let him or her sluff you off quickly. A complete physical would involve taking a clear history of all your health, including the problems with your periods, when they started, etc. Anorexia (not the disorder "anorexia nervosa" - just anorexia meaning stopping eating) is one cause for cessation of periods. But if you periods DO stop because of anorexia, then the anorexia has to be taken seriously and treated.

If you want to help while you're waiting for an appointment, then start making an eating journal - write down everything you eat for a week, or even a month.

Good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

you should go to see a doctor to get checked over. I was going through the same sort of problems as you when i was your age. Do you live in the UK? i do and i found that my doctor was a bit unsympathetic. he just put me on the pill which gave me migranes so he then put me on the mini pill which made the problem worse and all he said to do was wait and it would get better. You can go to the young persons information center and see a nurse. thats what i did and she sorted everything out for me and even wrote to my doctor to get him to sort it out. I would really recommend going to one of the centers, they are great and can help you with pretty much any problem you have.

I was a late bloomer and didn't start my periods until I was 14, but once I did, I only skipped two cycles--one was the next month after I started, and one was because I took two pill packs in row, which is most likely to make you skip your period. Now I'm almost 25. To me, your cycle sounds extremely abnormal. I remember when I was a senior in high school, my best friend went like almost a year without having her period, and I was scared to death, thinking it was cancer. But abnormal periods, especially in someone as young as you, can be caused by many things, and most likely, it wouldn't be cancer.

If I were you, I would go to Planned Parenthood, if your parents don't agree with your irregular periods. Once you get your period, with the exception of the first few months, you should be fairly regular--getting your cycle anywhere from 28-32 days. Many things (non-life-threatening) can cause irregular periods. Your only way to be sure is by making an appointment with your gynocologist.

Like the others have suggested, going on the pill (which is EXTREMELY unlikely to cause v* in emets) is the best way to regulate your period. But going to the gynocologist will reassure your fears! Please GO as soon as possible, with or without your parents' permission. It will put your mind at ease! GO!

thank you thank you thank you..
    yeh, so this appointment is slow comin'.. starting to get really anxious.
    Does this mean, that when i stopped eating properly during the summer months, I was anorexic?
    Because most irritating to me, is the fact that I now eat properly, but they still haven't started!!
    I'm asking for a physical. Okay, i'm panicking, butI can appreciate what your saying,I don't wanna end up with a wrong diagnosis, because I think this stems deeper than simply not eating.