Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Incredibly Fed Up!!

I've been suffering from emetophobia since I was around 3 years old. My panic attacks peaked when I was 14, lasted for around a year at great volume, then mellowed out from 16-17. Then, I thought my parents were tired of me being on "psych" meds, so I told my psych to wean me off them. From the start of all this my parents never believed in psychiatry, so ever since I started going to a psych I've been feeling like my parents look down on me because I need to see one to stop this madness. About a month after I got off the Prozac, which was 3 or 4 weeks ago, I started having massive panic attacks that were making me miss school, just like back when I was 14. I just wanted my parents to be proud of me and look at me like a normal child, but now I'm paying for it. Also, the psychiatrist I'm seeing now is the 5th one I've seen in my life and she seems to be making it worse. I've been seeing her for about a year and up until last week she didn't even know that I was emetophobic! I'm so afraid that this year is going to be the year that I get sick again, and I've missed every single Monday but two of school since August 30th of this year. I can't keep missing school, because this is the year that I planned on kicking major butt and making my parents as proud of me as they are my little brother who is always an honor roll student. I'm so self concious about my parents being proud of me, that might have something to do with me being stressed some of the time. I'm not sure, can anyone give me any advice? I feel so helpless all the time.

Default Re: Incredibly Fed Up!!

it does sound like you're placing extra stress on yourself.........it's good to push yourself. just think about all the days you go to school and aren't sick....so mondays will be the same.......you can do this.......do it for yourself not for your parents......you need a good education......being scared for a little while is well worth getting to move forward with your education........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.