Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New Member--Hi!

Smile New Member--Hi!

hi everyone,

my name is ari. I'm a 20-year-old woman living in ohio. I've been watching this community for years, but I haven't had the courage to join until just now!

to tell you all a little about myself, I've been an emetophob pretty much my whole life. it's recently gotten particularly bad because I've been coping with some difficult stomach issues. it seems like many of you on this board have the same problems as me: GERD, possible IBS, and lots of n* and d* all the time. I'm immunodeficient and have to have weekly IGG infusions. unfortunately, my IGA levels are also quite low (IGA is responsible for a lot of gastric things), so I've been having issues for much of my life.

aside from all of this, I like to have fun--I love cooking, gardening, crocheting, and music. I am currently a conservatory student. I have a wonderful, supportive boyfriend who helps me through all of my issues, and I am so thankful for him.

as for therapy, I'm currently doing EMDR, but I haven't been able to really begin the actual desensitization yet (it's complicated).

I'm very committed to recovery, and I am so glad I've finally joined this wonderful, supportive network!

much love,

ari

Default Re: New Member--Hi!

Hi Ari! So glad you found us . Welcome to the site. I'm Leah!

i was admitted to osu last january for a month..my stomach distended to that of a 30 wk fetus and i wasn't prego..they did a whole gi work up and it was ok..no one knows still what is wrong and it happens quite often and constant nausea, i live two hours from osu and have follow up appointments with ob docs and neurologists because i have herniated l4 l5 discs and atrophy to the right gluteal muscle..it sucks but it is nice to have a fellow ohioan on here lol..i just found the site to and i love it so far it is nice to be able to tell someone who UNDERSTANDS you fear ..take care

Welcome!