Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am so excited to find a place where other people feel the same way that I do. I have felt alone in this for so long. On the out side I am a normal person, lots of friends and 3 kids and a wonderful husband and family but this sure seems to run my life. When I was young my mom and dad took me to alot of doctors to see if they can help me and they all thought I was crazy and all thought it would be a good idea to just make me V so I could just get over it. I have a very suportive husband and very unsuportive in-laws who just make fun of me and think I am nuts. My family has also been super suportive. Here is my thing. My friends laugh at me becuase every time I go into a public restroom I look under all the stalls and if anyone has feet faceing the toilet I walk out and If anyone comes in while I am going I peek under the stall and get out of there really fast if someones feet go that way. I am always rushing my kids in the bathroom for fear someone will come in and I will hear them V. Am I the only one who does this? I was also wondering if anyone knows what kind of medicine to keep at your house for your kids if they V to stop it from happening again or even make you feel better? Thanks, Kelly

Welcome! You will find this site is an excellent suppport system that you can use during difficult times. The people here are very supportive and can offer a lot of information regarding the fear of vomiting (emetophobia) and anxiety/panic attacks.

Try Gravol, which stops nausea and vomiting. Pepto Bismol also works well too, and your kids won't shy away from the taste because it's now in cherry flavour. A herbal remedy like Ginger in tablet form stops nausea, but check the guidelines for this medication before taking it. Dramamine (I believe in the US) is good for nausea. These are over-the-counter-medicines and can be purchased at your pharmacy.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

HI Kelly, Welcome, I am a newbie here to, and post from time to time, but work keeps me from posted as much asI would like..

I know how you feel about the inlaws, I am going through that now with mine, to them this is all a joke, and it bothers me. Why would I make this up, who would want to feel this way all the time. If I could just get ride of it, I would..I also look under the stalls to, I have been put in some uncomfortable positions, and handled them well, but still fear it. I have a 9 month old, and so far not gotten that sick, he has been sick, but is not from the bug, ( he was eating a cookie and started laughing so hard he got a small piece stuck and thats how that happen) and even with that I handled it well. I panic mainly because if I get the bug so be it, but I do not want my husband or son to get sick,I can not handle that. I will probably stay some were else then have to deal with that. Its sounds soo mean, but I am just afriad..For Nauseathere is also something called Emetrol, it wks great.. it takes Nausea away, and my mom, once gave me Cola Syrup, u sip it over ice and its suppose to take away the nausea. I use to live off of Mints,but my pregnancy has made me HATE them, even though my son is already here I still hate them..

Ok I have to get back to wk, welcome again. Christy

No, you are not alone. We are all here to support each other through this.

Welcome to the site!!

Welcome to the site!

You're not the only one who does that. I avoid public restrooms at all costs, but I realize with kids you can't always do that.

Sorry you have unsupportive inlaws. I don't understand that... why not try and help the person instead of making them feel worse about themselves. Ugh...
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

HI! Welcome!! Eh, I hate public bathrooms also. I avoid them as much as possible, even in school which is like 8 hours long! I'm so lucky, my school is 8 hours long.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Hello!!! As you can see you ARE NOT alone. I think us emet moms like to stick together... Jennyleigh1975~ Hi, I seem to have posts were you have yours, vice versa!! I think we both have an identical life? 30? 3 kids? hubby? Anyway, my emet rules my life, every second of every minute. Welcome to this awesome site. Even though I love my kids I am terrified of them. I dont like to get phisically close to them in fear of they could be coming down with something. I also hate public bathrooms. I try to avoid them and hold it, but after giving birth to 3 kids, its hard!!! Anyway, my husband is somewhat supportive... hecant understand why this freaks me out but he has no problem with it, so he handles that aspect. I clean the poopy diapers, which is fine by me. I just hope for all of us that our kids dont become emets further down the road.

You know, that is one of my fears, that one of my kids will be an EMET too. SO far I havent seen any signs, but they are only 9,4 and 3. My husband can deal with the vomit stuff with no problem, wish I could!!!! I TRY to look at it this way though, I have made it this far, maybe as they get older it wont be quit so hard to deal with. Like I think that once they get to where they can go to the toilet themselves when they feel sick and they arent doing "it" all over my carpet and such, that I might actually be able to deal with it better. Hum.....just a thought............

yes, I think that also, about how easier it will be when they get older. I also feel very guilty to think this but i also cant wait for them to grow up and move out so it is just hubby and I, and hubby cannot v** because of his stomach sugery. Does any other emet moms feel this way? Hopefully its not just me!!