Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I ate reheated pork

Sorry to bother you all, but emetophobia strikes again and I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable about what I've just eaten. I'm really desperate for some advice and/or reassurance please!

My mum re-heated this roast sliced pork dinner in the microwave for me, leftover from last night (i was out). It had been refridgerated overnight, but parts of it were lukewarm, even though she nuked it for six and a half minutes under 800w.

She's really sensitive over the food she prepares, so I kept my mouth shut and just ate it to avoid an argument... But I'm really worried now that im going to see it in reverse. Plus its re-heated pork; I've heard somewhere that re-heating pork isn't a good idea, and if it is re-heated, then it should be re-heated all the way through. Like I said parts of it were lukewarm.

I only ate it about half an hour ago, but I just feel so sick and headachey with nerves. Please reply. Thank you.

EDIT: I managed to ask my mum about it, without offending her. She said so long as the pork is cooked fully and not spoiled before it's refridgerated, which it was, then reheating it should be fine. She's also a chef at the care home where she works, and had to learn all about this for her food safety as meat gets reheated there all the time, so I feel a bit bad about not trusting her cooking fully.

Apparently some of the old people there can only eat their reheated meat warm, and not hot - and it hasn't killed them yet!
    Last edited by lauraval; 10-21-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Default Re: I ate reheated pork

I just ate reheated ribs....I'm sure you're just having anxiety!! There is nothing wrong with reheating unless it's WAY old. Lol. Don't worry.

If the pork was properly cooked in the first place, and then refrigerated properly, and it's only been a day, you can even eat it cold and it'll be fine.

it's fine to eat.....my husband eats cold leftover pork sandwiches.......try not to worry
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you all for your replies... It's been about 8 hours, would you say I'm in the clear?

Again, thanks for your time! Sometimes I feel like this is the only logical place to turn to, despite my lack of posts... :$

Yeah, 8 hours is clear! Haha! I'm sure it was fine, but now for the future, at least you've learnt something. Well done

Glad you're alright!

Thank you, Abbu!