Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: shigella??

Default shigella??

we had a story last night on our local news that two schools here have had outbreaks of shigella......i have never heard of this........anybody have experience with it? sounded like fp or sv to me........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: shigella??

OH NOOOOO...I know something is going on around here in j-ville too...have you looked it up? I think it is some sort of vomit bug...UGH DOES IT EVER END?

The CDC website says it only causes severe d* and stomach cramps. It doesn't mention v* at all.

i just looked it up...said it is highly contagious and spreads fast. seems to be just like noro...seriously? just says hand washing can prevent it. Also it is a bacteria not a virus SO in that case if it is bad antibiotics can be given for it and stop the spread of the bacteria as well. It seems as though most of the symptoms are diarrhea, most likely bloody then severe stomach cramping and vomitting...

Oh God! Does it ever end?

I just googled the news in Wilmington, so far its been 6 kids in 2 schools total and it is just diarrhea and fever, no vomit they said...and so far most websites only say diarrhea....i hope it stays away from us!

i think i'm going to start hibernating every winter
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There was an outbreak in my elementary school years and years ago. It's basically a high infecter of children, so I wouldn't worry. Just wash your hands after using the bathroom.