Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default how do you know if you have a high V threshold

I have always considered myself to have a low V threshold, & would be more likely to get sick than most people in any situation, but then I saw some threads posted on this site that describe people getting sick simply from lack of sleep. I have been sleep deprived on many occasions, in fact once I was so tired that I was hallucinating, but I have never felt the slightest bit like Vting, so I`m wondering if that means that my stomach is stronger than I gave it credit for.

Default Re: how do you know if you have a high V threshold

I think if you have emetophobia, you have a VERY high threshold, otherwise it wouldn't be such a debilitating phobia. We fear the unknown, we fear not being able to handle it, embarrassing ourselves, etc. If we did it often, then those fears would be dispelled and we'd just have the regular kind of aversion to vomiting that non-emets do. That's my opinion.

Well I v more often than most emets, I have Crohn's disease and went through a couple of patches where I v'ed almost every day for a week or so. But I am one of those emets who is more bothered by others v'ing than myself. And as I found out when my boyfriend was ill, my phobia is just as bad.

Hairy,

I think if you vomit less than most people it means you have a high vomit threshold. That certainly is the case for most of us here. The average emet most recently vomited 12 1/2 years ago. Most non-emets vomit about once a year. Not very many people vomit from sleep deprivation so I don't think that would be a good indicator. Most people vomit from drinking to excess or from getting norovirus so if you can do one of those things and not puke, then you have a high threshold.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Hairy,

The average emet most recently vomited 12 1/2 years ago. Most non-emets vomit about once a year.

Doug

I disagree. I know that's probably the average for people who drink or get migranes or whatever, but the majority of people I know (non-emets) v* once every few years. My own parents have gone longer than I have without v* and neither are emets.

I have been drunk many times in the past, & not Vted. I know some people do it every time they get drunk, but for me it was 50 per cent of the time.