Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone who is taking prozac, please answer

Im 17 and i was put on 20mg of prozac when i got ill last year. It seemed to help me get better but im not sure. I was well for about 6 months but last week ive had a relapse again... which makes me think that the prozac didnt work because if it did why am i ill again? I have doubled my dose to 40mg to see if that will work but im just scared that i'll need to keep doubling?

anyone else on a higher dose than 20 mg?
    and has it made you feel any better?

Default Re: Anyone who is taking prozac, please answer

i take prozac also. it does sound like you need a higher dose.......it is not a cure for emetophobia, but keeps your anxiety and obsession levels down which makes life easier.....atleast for me it does. i'm not saying i don't ever panic......cause i do........but instead of it being daily or weekly it's more like maybe once every month or so which is a great improvement.

talk to your dr about how you are feeling now.....they may try another med.......i've been on prozac for over 10 years......and very very happy with it.
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i just started taking prozac and I tried 3 others that made me very sick and I am on 10 mg and it has helped me significantly. I know I might go oup to 20mg within a month or so, but I see a change. I went to get some testing done the other day and I told the psychologist that i was taking 10mg of prozac and his words were "WOW, thats a low dose, heck even 60mg is a low dose, so you will be fine" that made me feel good, bc I can go up and up and have it still be considered a low dose.

I am on 40 mg and it has really helped me so far! I started feeling better at around 30 but still not great. Now i am doing better at 40. I may even go up another 10mg. Dont worry and don't hesitate to see with you doc about the dosage. 80 mg is the max so you re still far!

What did you start on Oceanlove?
    20mg?
    Im just scared that because i've doubled the dose, i might feel better for a while but then i'll have to double it again and again. Also i am worried its not helping at all? because if it was i wouldnt of gotten this ill again... or maybe i just need a higher dose? I dont know...

i use to takee it

andd im also 17

I started at 10mg and as I said i felt better but was still having some panic attacks so i slowly went up. Now at 40 I believe i am wayyyy better but still have some anxiety so we ll see if I go up another 10mg. I personally believe your dose it just too low for now and you should defintly try a higher dose. Maybe 20 mg will be just fine! It is worth trying and i had no side effects when i upped the doses just in case you re worried about that also.
    Good Luck!!

k ill be suree ta doo thtt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oops ahh these forums confuse mee wrong perrsonn