Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Flu Watch

For Canadians, keep yourself up to date with localized flu activity. Visit this link to see what the flu status is in your general area.

My Link

clicky clickyEdited by: sparky2004
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Thanks Sparky...I tried to start a stomach flu link once...I wanted everyone to report stomach bug in the area. No one thought it was such a good idea...they thought it would start panic and anxiety...they were probably right...

But this link you sent is Influenza related mostly so it cant hurt...thanks very much for the link !!

Hi thanks for the link!!!

Just a quick question: I had the flu a few weeks ago, if I come in
    contact with it again soon, will I re catch it or am I now immune to it?

Usually If you've just had it, it could take up to 14 weeks to get it again. You should be fine. Was it a stomache virus or the flu? Flu is NOT in the stomache. Stomache virus = 14 weeks, unless it's a different strain of the virus.

Flu = prolly good for the rest of the season, but you can still get a cold.

Thanks Sparky!!! On the front page of our paper in our community has stated about the flu. It says, brace for a late start to the flu season- she states the worst is still to come. Lovely!!!

Ahhh, I have heard this every year. I wash my hands a lot, so I am really not worried about getting the flu. The Avian flu, yes, the stomach flu,.........we all are.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

when you have the flu or a cold, your body learns how to make the antibodies for it so it will not make you ill again, so you would be imune to that strand of the virus. However these nasty little viruses have a tendancy to mutate alot, thats why theres so many strands. I hope im right, id be worried if im wrong, i read this in my biology text book :S

you guys do realize that this is for influenza and not stomach flu, right?
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Yes they are talking about influenza. On the Health Unit board they are stating that in the General Hospital and long term facilities in Guelph, Ontario, Canada there is a outbreak of the Norwalk Virus they are telling people that if they are not feeling well to stay home. I worked in long term and it isn't pretty seeing this virus or anyother virus hitting them like dominos. I lasted maybe 3 months and I never returned. I applaued people who are in this work force, nurses, EMT, firefighters and doctors who have this phobia and still keep on working with people who are ill. I know a doctor who has a phobia and he is still working as a GP andhe is one of the anatheseologist at the hospital. My hat is off to them!

I was under the impression that once you had a particular strain of
    influenza, you could not get it again, period. Is that accurate, or did
    I hear/read incorrectly? (I don't remember where I got that
    information, so I don't know if it was the most reliable source in the
    world )

Usually you will build up immunity to it BUT the immunity dies off after a few months.