Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Non-emets seem to enjoy telling stories about V

I was with some buddies yesterday and one starts telling a story about someone who said to pull over while she was driving and she didn't pull over in time and he V inside the car. Everyone starts laughing and then trying to tell their own V stories to one-up the last one like, "oh if you think that's something wait till you hear this..."I've seen this happen many times. Once someone brings up a V story, others chime in and almost want to boast about their own like they get a kick out of it. I had to jump in and say, "guys, can we please change the subject?" Even my own dad has told me his story about 4 times of when he was on a plane one and had to v and barely made it in the bathroom. He seems to really get a kick out of telling the story over and over. My dad has no idea that I'm an emet. And then when binge drinkers get together, they love telling their puking drunk stories. What is with people? I don't know why so many seem to ENJOY talking about it.

Default Re: Non-emets seem to enjoy telling stories about V

I know what you mean, I have people call me and tell me how sick they feel or what happened last night and they go into details about it, I don't get it, it seems like I am drawned to these people and their stories.

You know what's odd - the more past my fears I got, then I started to see some humor in it too.

One day I was already in a great mood, and "accidentally" caught myself laughing at a V story. It was a "wow" moment.

Ciao,
    David

Well, if the story involves a kid that ate too much candy or something, I can probably chuckle or at least give a courtesy laugh. But if it involves noro, food poisoning or some other health related reason behind it, it disturbs me too much to find any humor in it.

My sister can be bad, she'll go into detailed descriptions saying how "chunky" it was and what not and at that point I tell her to STFU, I don't want to hear about it.

Lol!! Yeah I am with you completely!

The ones I find funny are the "accidental" ones where it was due to straining, caughing or something like that.

It's not funny when someone is sick and miserable. Never.

David

I laugh at stories when people poop their pants. So normal people probably laugh at stories about people v* in places they shouldn't. Seems natural to me. I laugh at some of them. Lots of my friends have really funny puke stories. Mostly related to alcohol.

I hate it when people tell v* stories. I find it'd pretty bad with the older set, like my parent's age. I'm an only child, so I get exposed to that stuff a lot. I usually just leave, but it's kinda disturbing.

I find a lot of time in the chat room here on IES, we wind up telling puke stories.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yer i feel a bit disturbed when someone tells a story about that cause i can just picture it happening in my head and its like, "great, thanks. gotta walk around thinkin about that all day now." kinda like the people throwing up on funniest home videos, i dont find it particularly funny
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Yes i hate when they share their v* stories. Or should i say i am jealous that they can do that and just move on with life. Just like they can v* and keep on going like nothing. Wish i could do that. The thought drives me insane and i just wanna die. UGH!!!

I can totally relate! This past weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada and I went to meet the boyfriends family for the first time. All was fine and dandy until they all started to go around the table to share their worst puking experiences. Now I can handle some puking stories....but their details were so graphic I was ready to run out of the house. I almost started bawling. The boyfriend looked over and realized that the topic bothered me and put it to an instant stop (thank goodness!) I had to go sit on the couch for a bit and distract myself for a while...not happy. I do wish I could handle it but it was pretty gross....plus we JUST ate!

I dont like talking about it but I actually do like to read about them. I like FML and I read v* stories all the time. Doesnt bother me. I dont like the gory details and I dont laugh about someone being ill with a bug or something but like if someone on this site posts about seeing v* or having a v* experience I find I just have to read it

I hate when people tell V* stories.... The worst was when I went to a friend's bridal shower, she told the horrifying story of when she was at my house visiting my new baby and she v* in my house. She went on to say how EVERYONE got her illness (luckily by the grace of God my family did not get sick!)... When one person tells a v* story, of course everyone else starts up telling their stories and I just had to act like I thought it was funny or something... It took at least a week to get the disgusting vision out of my head only for her to bring it up in front of a whole room of people. Oh my... Usually I just change the subject when someone starts telling me about a v* experience haha..

I hate the stories, and think I would still do so even if I wasn't emet. I hate 'poo' stories too. I think my main issue is that I don't like people to feel humiliated if they were totally okay with what happened, then I should be okay with it too, but I just don't like it.

If I hear someone talking about V, I go all cold & sweaty, & I can feel my heart start to thump. I just have to get away from them. people really get off on telling such disgusting stories, as if Vting was something to be proud of. I think that most people are a bit emetophlic, otherwise why do they insist on listening to & telling these revolting stories. I do find people farting hilarious though, maybe that means I`m just very immature. I`ve just remembered that time Divid Beckham Vted on the pitch during the world cup a few years ago. There was a photo of him doing it in every newspaper in the country! If I had been him I would have died of shame, but it seems that the media is just as bad as ordinary people.

I don't mind a 'normal' v story too much (like when the kids at school come in and tell you they were off because they were s*. But sometimes people go too far. Like my boyfriend's mum (who doesn't know about my emet) telling me about the fp her family got, giving details about how many times she v'ed. So my boyfriend said something like 'we don't need to hear that' and she started on about his dad and how many times he v'ed, and my boyfriend told her to stop, so she started telling us about the last time my niece v'ed. At that point my boyfriend really shouted at her, I was mentally plugging my ears and starting to shake, and was pretty much beyond respondinf.