Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Pepto Bismol immunty?

Quote Originally Posted by mooki View Post
    Bottles? Doesn't he know it comes in chewable tablet form? I always keep a few in my pocket if I'm going to be away from home for awhile.
    Lol! I think (for my buddy at least) the pepto is serving as a placebo now. There was a time he needed it but NOBODY could have upset stomach as much as he claims to. Possibly the action of taking out the bottle, opening the cap, and taking a "swig" of it is theraputic for him?

Personally, I really don't care for the taste of it, but to each his own!

Quote Originally Posted by turbokinetic View Post
    Personally, I really don't care for the taste of it,
    David - it tastes better than vomit!

Pepto-Bismol is my standby too. I try to use it as little as I have to. I don't even go through a bottle a year. As I repeat to anyone who will listen, Pepto-Bismol has proven powerful enough in laboratory tests at suppressing the vomiting center that it can even counteract a small dose of syrup of ipecac.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    David - it tastes better than vomit!
    Lol yep that is true!

When I was a tiny little kid, well before I was emet, I had a bad chest congestion / cold kind of thing. It gave me a fever and I was really out of it.

Next day I woke up and mom and grandma told me I kept asking for Pepto and would not go to bed until they gave it to me!

I had heard people say it helped whe they were "sick" and I didn't understand there were different kinds of sick. This was before I had ever vomited the first time.

David