Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation My prayers answered! My first Post

Hey Everyone, my name is Kahlea (cuh lay uh). I'm 21 and this will be my first year being married . All I can say is wow! My prayers are truly anwered. I thought I was the only one that suffers from emetophobia.
    I remember having the fear of seeing, hearing, or smelling vomit at the age of 8. Sometimed all these horrific senses makes my heart beat really fast, I sweat wanting to faint, and at times I'd wanna puke too. The time I realized my fear was getting bad was at the age of 12. I remember on a car ride to a restaurant, my brother vomited in his lap right next to me. I went bizzerk by unbuckling my seat belt and jumped right in the back of the trunk plugging my ears and crying. To my family they were confused but to me it was like a horrifying nightmare. This psychological fear is like a burden to me. It's embarrassing and I feel like nobody understands me. To them it's normal and I believe they see me as over reactive and ridiculous. I feel so helpless because it stops me from doing what I love the most which is helping others. Because of my fear, I cannot become a nurse or a dental assistant (which I studied to be). What can I do and where should I start? Thank you to all for reading this

Default Re: My prayers answered! My first Post

Hey Kahlea, welcome to the forum!

There's no reason to be embarassed; we've all gone through the same thing so no judgement here.

I'm a little older than you but have had the phobia bad from about 7th grade untill just a few years ago!

I also like to help others, and spend alot of my off-duty time doing just that. Gives me such a good feeling ya know!

Anyway glad you have found this place and I'm sure everyone will want to share their favorite ways of coping with this.

Sincerely,
    David

Default Re: My prayers answered! My first Post

Hi Kahlea and welcome to the site! Read through the "Information and Research" section of this website and that will give you a lot of help. Or click on the link below to my website and it gives the same information, as I wrote that section here.
    All the best!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.