Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation v* yesterday from flu

Title says it all.. Two days ago.. Felt horrible all day, seriously horrible. towards the evening, I couldn't even think about eating anything, I felt like I was constantly gagging, I was dizzy.. Went upstairs to the loo, coughed, and felt better, so I guessed seeing as I had flu it was just mucus annoying my throat and that I was better.. But took a bucket to bed anyway. 1:20 AM yesterday morning I was sick. Yum yum lol, it was horrible, happened 2 more times before 3 A.M then finally got to sleep.. Once more at 8 A.M. and now its been 30 hours but I still dont know whether to eat anything. I can drink water, lucozade, fizzy stuff but I don't know whether to eat or not. I just don't want to be sick again. I think that it was flu, because I'm still feeling horrid now (but not sick) and I went to my mum's friend house who has toddlers, played with them, ate something because I was too embarassed to ask to wash my hands (I wont be too embarassed again!) and then felt grotty the next day. Does anyone have any advice about whether I should eat or not please? I still dont fancy anything yet and dont WANT to eat, but I know I will have to soon. Really dont want to be sick again! Thank you xx

Default Re: v* yesterday from flu

Yes you should definetely eat! It's been a LONG time since you last threw up. Start light - just a little bit. Like a spoon of rice or a cracker or two. Small quantities and you'll be just fine =)
    If fear hasn't killed me yet, then nothing will.

Sounds like that awful "worst of both worlds virus" that's like the flu and noro combined into one.

it's really important to keep hydrated which it sounds like you are doing. if you do feel a little hungry try something really bland......saltines, toast, rice, etc. i really think at this point you should be fine........but i'm glad that you are atleast drinking

feel better ..
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hope you feel better soon!

When I'm sick, my mum usually makes me mashed potatoes, because it's easy to digest, and it's soft and pretty bland. Just another thought! :-)

Thank you everyone for your replies!

Still feeling miserable, been eating a couple of things - apple puree, breadsticks, and it's ok, but I still really dont fancy anything. Hopefully I'll get my appetite back soon, I love eating
    Thanks for the support, I'm through it now and it was awesome
    -Claire x

Just stay hydrated and eat light. You'll feel good as new in no time

Did you panic at all after it happened, or was it kinda just relief?
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”