Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: When you burp and v comes up

Quote Originally Posted by mooki View Post
    Okay, so while the act of burping stomach contents up isn't necessarily vomiting, the stuff that comes up IS vomit, right?
    No, it isn't. Vomit is matter expelled by vomiting. It's completely different from what is ordinarily in your stomach. All your stomach does is churn food and mix it with stomach acid. Stomach acid has no taste. That's why something that comes up that way tastes like what you ate. On the other hand, vomit doesn't look or taste like what you ate. Here's why: Before you vomit, a large amount of material gushes back into your stomach from your small intestine, bringing all that glop that looks nothing at all like what you ate. The intestinal matter also contains bile and more significantly, butyric acid, which gives vomit its unforgettable smell and taste.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: When you burp and v comes up

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    .... All your stomach does is churn food and mix it with stomach acid. Stomach acid has no taste. That's why something that comes up that way tastes like what you ate. ...
    Yep. It is gross and annoying though. Although acid has no real 'taste' it sure can be hot. Sometimes I get a 'vurp' that is like white hot fire, and is breathtaking.

I don't like it, but after the fact, I think about what it represents. I got a taste of the very real strength and power that is within me. This strength and power has allowed me to live my life without ever getting FP or a SV. For that I am thankful, although I would prefer it to stay where it belongs!

David