Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: When you burp and v comes up

Rebecca85 - If your retching up mashed up food from pain it sounds like you may have Gastroparesis. Please see a GI doctor. My sister had that and it was terrible!
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Kell1429 View Post
    Rebecca85 - If your retching up mashed up food from pain it sounds like you may have Gastroparesis. Please see a GI doctor. My sister had that and it was terrible!
    Hope your sister is doing well now!!!!

I think maybe Rebecca 85 was talking about pain somewhere else caused her to throw up. That happened to me years ago, 'cause I had a horrible headache.

It was very unpleasant. After the headache was unrelenting for 4 or 5 hours, I started to get nauseous, and eventually threw up watery acidic stuff. It was horrible and the first time took me by surprise. It only happened 3 times until I was able to suppress it. Those were the only 3 times I have ever been nauseous enough to puke.

David

No I mean stomach pain! And don't worry, I got it checked out, it turned out to be Crohn's disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca85 View Post
    No I mean stomach pain! And don't worry, I got it checked out, it turned out to be Crohn's disease.
    Ouch! Glad you got it checked out though.

i always call them "messy burps" lol

It's gross and I hate it, but like Doug is saying, it's not vomit/vomiting
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”