Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Unhappy Words of support/reassurance

Wouldn't go amiss right now.

I'm feeling n* *touch wood* and I've just had to wake my Dad up, he's not too happy and keep nodding off.

I'm growing more paranoid and anxious by the minute, I took 2 domperidone 2 hours ago and I know I shouldn't, but its getting to that stage where I'm feeling I should take another .

Any kind words or anything would give me a little boost and a sense of understanding.
    I'm scared, and feel alone.

Thanks for reading and rant over,
    Stacey

Default Re: Words of support/reassurance

i'm sure your anxiety has passed by now and you are just fine.

you need to find some serious distractions for your mind when these attacks start. i play trivia in a chat room online.....takes tons of concentration......usually works on getting my mind off the sick feeling......

unlike you....i prefer to be alone when i panic like that......i feel like if i let somebody in on it i will lose control....i know it sounds weird.....but i dont want anybody asking me questions or watching me.......i just told my husband this year about my emet........with strict instructions not to ask my any questions when i say "i need to go lay down" or "i'm feeling crap right now"........he's been great about it. he knows if i want to talk about it i will.........but that usually doesnt happen till the panic attack is over.........

find some distractions......crossword puzzles, crafting, online games........something to get your mind off it.......maybe letting your dad go to bed......maybe seeing him sitting there is a reminder that you're not feeling well.....just a thought......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.