Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: 30 times

Default 30 times

how is it possible to V 30 times/ wouldnt you v all your stomach contents out/

i just was reaing a blog and a lady said her fam of 3 had noro.baby v 15 times in one day..has medical issues so was sick longer...the mom v 30 freaking times an da only twice..lucky arse lol

i just didnt kno you can v that much..

Default Re: 30 times

They may have considered each little "caugh" associated with each episode as a separate V incident.

I was thinking the same thing as turbokinetic. They probably exaggerated, and included the dry heaves along with the wet heaves when counting. Or maybe the mother is just one of those people who V*s alot. Some people are just like that. Just as there are people who have a high threshold to V*ing, there's people who get sick very easily.

UGH! that sounds totally horrendous! I would be begging someone to get a gun & shoot me if I was that sick. I know the last time that I had a SV, ( when I was 17, I actually did wish that I was dead) it was so gross.

The thing is, most people would drink a little water after v* to stop themselves dehydrating and also so they have something in their stomach to actually v* the next time. So I guess if you've got a sv then each time you drink even a sip of water, your body's not gonna like it and will just keep getting rid of it until the virus has run its course, which could mean v* multiple times. Us emets would probably not let a drop of anything pass our lips through pure fear which might explain less v* or just dh's!

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    According to theory about deception, three is a liar's number. When a person is fabricating a story and needs to make up a number, it will often have a three in it.
    That's interesting. It's also funny fo me at the moment. That means it's hard to lie, using this computer now... The 3 key (above W and E) doesn't work. So to make a 3 I have to press "Fn+L" and, to make a # symbol, I have to use character map.

Lol!
    David

LOL David! Guess you won't be lying to us. Unless....."She was beautiful, and gave me her #" hahaha

Interesting observation, Doug. 30 sounds exaggerated to me too. Who counts anyway? Emets maybe but no "normal" person. You'd lose count.

I agree with whoever said they were probably drinking water. A lot of people worry about dehydration because it's in the literature, esp. with children but very few places give accurate information about how to prevent it. In the hospital, if you vomit more than once they put a big RED sign on your chart, and/or over your bed "NOTHING BY MOUTH." That's because if you take a teaspoon of water you will throw up three teaspoons of liquid hence adding to your chances of dehydration. You're supposed to wait until you haven't vomited for 2 hours. Then try a sip of water or some ice chips. Repeat every 10 minutes (just a little sip). If you vomit it up, wait the 2 hours again. I know when I had Norwalk I was brushing my teeth after and realized that I was swallowing some of the water which made it worse. So I stopped that and my vomiting stopped shortly after.

Also, once I vomited nothing a couple of times I said to myself "ok, that's enough of that then" and forced myself not to do it again. My daughter (who's not emetophobic) vomited more times than me, so I told her what I did and she tried it and also did not vomit again.

So the idea that you would vomit and "not be able to stop" just isn't true. You always stop eventually!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My sister has a very sensitive stomach. When she gets sick, she really gets sick. But I don't think she has ever v-ed 30 times during one stomach bug. She may have v-ed up to 15 times, and that's because she makes herself sick also, because she fears the nausea.

One time my son vomited 40 times, but he ended up in the hospital for a week and it was like every five minutes. So if someone vomited 30 times, I would be surprised they were still standing!
    JANNA