Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default im new! and need help!

ok im new i dunno how to use these forum things
    i feel so sick i just wanna cry i cnt stop shaking and panicking
    ive had emetophobia for like over 10years and have noone close to me that understands what im going through
    i suffer from it everyday
    it ruins everything i get paranoid when i eat out and i worry when i go out that i feel sick and end up making myself ill from worrying so much
    i hate it so much and i dunno what to do about it i feel like its never gunna go away :'(

Default Re: im new! and need help!

we know exactly how you feel......

hope you find some help and comfort in here......

you need to find distractions for you mind when it starts obsessing over being sick.......something that you really need to concentrate on will push the anxiety out......

mine has never really gone away.......but i have gone several years at a time feeling pretty darn good

again, welcome
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thankyou so much
    im so glad there is a site like this made me realise im not the only one with this phobia
    just hope i can somehow overcome this fear
    x

Welcome, I hope you find this site helpful and reassuring. Emet can make you feel like you are the only person in the world who feels like this and sometimes it makes me worry about my sanity but coming here and reading that there are others who go through the exact same fears makes me feel a little less abnormal!! Even though Ive told a few close family members (my own mother suffers with it to) no-one can really understand the terrors an ordinary day can bring to me except another emet sufferer. On the brightside I had over 20 years where this phobia didnt make a huge impact on my life, before that Id had really bad emet for all of my teens going into my early 20's. Unfortunately it has come back with a vengence over the last couple of years but Im hoping and praying that I can shake it off again very soon. It doesnt ever really go away and Ive only got to hear the words s*v* to go into a spiral of despair but Im trying to push myself a bit every day to do something or go somewhere that makes me uncomfortable.

i find it really hard to tell people in my family about it as they dont understand
    im in my 20s and i had it really bad when i was like 13/14 had panic attacks found it hard to concentrate. Even stupid stuff like when i did my exams i was so nervous just because i was worried i was going to be sick.
    At the moment i have a cold so im really worried it might cause sickness which is why i joined this site because im starting to worry really bad and noone around me really understands

Welcome!

Don't worry, colds don't normally cause sickness. You'll be okay!

Everybody close to me has had a cold/flu virus recently. They havent been sick with it but I understand completely where you are coming from because Im the only one not to have caught it yet and Im afraid I might be unlucky enough to v* with it. Usually colds dont bother me cos I know they wont affect my stomach but for some illogical reason this time I feel like it could!! Crazy I know!!