Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: FREAKING out!!

Default FREAKING out!!

So my son and I have had a cold/sinus infectiony thing for a few weeks. My husband and I went to visit family tonight and after we came home, he got a text from his friend asking him to help him work on his basement. So he went over for about an hour. He called me to tell me he was on his way home and said he started to feel like he was getting sick. I asked like I always do, "is it your stomach?" he said "it's my stomach" but then he went on to say it might be what he ate for dinner or that he worked up a really hard sweat at his friends lifting stuff and then went outside and had a few cigarettes which he isn't used to. I asked if he felt pukey and he said no. I told him to tell me if he did and he promised he would. I don't know. Even though I DON'T want to know if he feels like he's going to be sick, I DO want to know so it doesn't just HAPPEN. Does that make sense??
    Well now about an hour later he said he has chills and is sweaty and achey. But nothing else. No stuffy nose or cough or anything. But that's exactly how I felt the first day I was sick. Fever, aches, chills, but no other symptoms. No respiratory problems and no stomach problems. It wasn't until the next day that my sinuses started to hurt and I started to cough.
    He's very good with being able to tell what's wrong with him. Any time he HAS been sick, he's been able to tell shortly after he started feeling bad. So I'm HOPING that if he was going to get sick, he would have been able to tell by now. Oh God I hope so!!

Default Re: FREAKING out!!

Oh GOD! I just came to bed and asked if he was ok. He said no. I asked what was wrong. He said "stomach". I asked pukey? He said "I feel like it". He's one of those CRAZY people that sometimes feel like if they did v* they'd feel better. So I asked "you feel like you WANT to? Or you feel like you're going to?" He said "I feel like I might. That's why I ran to the bathroom earlier" So now I'm laying in bed feeling pretty anxious. He just fell asleep which is a good sign because he normally can't sleep when he feels crappy. BUT then again, what if n* wakes him up in the middle of the night and he doesn't make it to the bathroom? Ughhhhhh!!!
    I made sure I peed before I came to bed in case he's in there and I have to wait (we only have one bathroom). But God bless him, when I went in to pee, I could smell Lysol wipes. He must have wiped something down for me Now that's love

Aww...I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I always ask my husband "do you feel pukey?" Lol. It's scary when they say yes!! I'm sure it's because overworked himself and smoked when he wasn't used to it. Just keep things clean and you should be okay.

Thanks Alexandria! (I'm assuming that's your name! lol) Its definitely a good sign that he's sleeping. I'm actually starting to feel crappy again. And it's not my panicky-make-myself-feel-sick sick. My nose is starting to get stuffier. And now I'm laying here watching a movie and I'm gettin achey. I know I'm sick when my knees ache. For whatever reason, whenever I have a fever and get achey, my knees ache. And I'm not a person who normally gets n* or v* from respiratory/swallowing mucus like some people do. But I think HE does and I'm thinking that's what the issue is tonight. I'm ok with that. If the primary symptom is respiratory, it doesn't scare me like a sv does. Lol

hope you hubby is feeling better by now. i know alot of people get upset stomachs from the whole mucous thingy.......never seemed to bother me.

it's great that he is so considerate of your anxiety........i'm sure he would do anything to keep from making you feel worse .....what a sweetheart.

hope you're feeling better also anxiety sucks
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hope you're both feeling better!

Thanks everyone! I'm pleased to say he woke up yesterday and was perfectly fine. He had eaten jambalaya from a restaurant for dinner and he thinks because it was so greasy it upset his stomach.

But last night I took my son to a Halloween parade. Right before we left, I looked down and he had v* on his sweatshirt and into his bag of candy!!! It was mostly mucus and milk so I think because of this cold that he has, it upset his tummy. But I still kind of freaked a little! Lol

Yeah, kiddies can v* so easily, and from almost anything. I'm sure he'll be fine!