Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile Visited a sick friend

Hey guys, hope all is well overall.

I'm back home for the weekend as part of fall break at the university I go to, so I decided to visit a friend I hadn't seen in a while. She moved away our sophomore year in high school and I would only see her maybe once or twice a month on average since then. She called me yesterday saying she wasn't feeling well and that she had a fever and the chills...

I immediately thought, "Maybe I should stay home." But, I decided to go see her anyway because we don't meet up often and I wanted to be there for her if she wasn't feeling well. So, I pushed through it, had an amazing time, and she is feeling alot better now .

I am so proud of myself, because that took ALOT to not just panic and spend the entire night at home, in my room, wondering if she was okay, and scared I was gonna catch it. I am still a little worried that I might come down with something, but she said she didn't feel nauseous so that helped quell my fears significantly. Especially seeing as I kept asking her if she was feeling nauseous the entire time I was there lol.

All in all, I just wanted to make a positive post because I have a feeling a few panic threads are in my future as flu season is just around the corner...

Default Re: Visited a sick friend

Heyeeeey, congrats for moving forward. That was so nice and brave from your side... You indeed should be very proud of yourself. Keep that on mind, in the good and hard times, you showed yourself it was posible to do it and that you can reach other goals too.

I get really happy when things like this shows that deciding to overcome the emetophobia is possible and not so terrible after all.

Default Re: Visited a sick friend

Well done! You should be proud!