Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I can`t trust my body

I have just read thread from someone didn`t V for 20 years. he/she completely lost control, & just could`nt stop it happening. I have had this happen to me as a child, my bodiy completely went against my wishes, & did its own thing. I felt so humiliated, & I`m still angry with my body all these years later. I think "how could you betray me & let me down like that, & make everybody laugh at me ( & they did!). I have`nt Vted for almost 14 years, & stories like that one make a bit depressed. I think, maybe I haven`t as much control over my body as I think I have, & my body is still as much my enemy as it always was.

Default Re: I can`t trust my body

No one can 100% control all aspects of their body, but we can learn how to better understand what the feelings inside mean.

Mind over body control is something that develops with time. Children don't have this at all. It's nothing to be angry with yourself about!

When I was a kid, I V'd from bad headaches. Now, even when I get a headache, it doesn't make me sick - so you get better with age!

Personally; I've gone over 20 years with no V. There were 2 times that I was very nauseous but did not V. One of these times, me and 2 other guys working totether got exposed to a chemical spray. It made everyone extremely nauseous. I was the first to feel it (or at least to say anything). My work buddies both V'd repetedly but I was able to control myself.

The ultimate goals are "A" have no anxiety even if you might V; and "B" to stay healthy and keep from "A" being an issue!

respectfully,
    David

I agree with turbo. If had complete control over our bodies nobody would ever age!

I don`t like the idea of old age either, but that`s another aspect of being human that I hate. Nature is so mean to us!

I struggle with the control issue too. But maybe instead of trying to maintain full control of our bodies at all times, which is impossible, we should work on trusting that our bodies were so perfectly made by our creator so that they know exactly what to do to keep us safe and healthy. Vomiting, as awful as it feels, can be life-saving at times. I know this intellectually, now if only I could find a way to "know" it emotionally.............. sigh.