Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Woke up this morning about 10 o clock feeling VERY nauseous, and my mum was in a bad mood thinking I was being lazy getting out of bed cos I had a hair appointment, but as soon as I got upI felt like I was gonna faint/throw up. Took an anti emetic but the waves of nausea were very bad and have only just subsided in the last hour or so. My face was so white and I still feel like I'm gonna faint when I walk around, and my head is banging, and I have the dreaded D*, although thankfully my stomach hasn't really hurt much.

My mum had a violent stomach bug last weekend as I posted on here, and she heard that quite a few other people she works with at the hospital have had it too - some really badly, v* loads (like she did), but others not so badly, just feeling sick etc. I think I've got it but so far it seems like I'm in the not-so-badly bracket as I would have been sick by now and had very bad pains in my stomach. However I still can't face eating anything, or drinking anything but peppermint tea, and every now and then I get a sharp twinge of nausea followed by wanting to lie down, like I'm going to faint. Putting my head between my knees helps but then I feel sicker in that position.

Hopefully I can fight the nausea off, it's worked so far, have my pressure point wrist bands on now. I just feel like I want to sleep but I'm too scared to lie down because I'll feel sicker.

Also annoyed cos I'm meant to be going for a meal tomorrow night, and there's nothing more annoying to not be hungry! Plus I missed my hair appointment. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Still, I'm just praying it doesn't get any worse, and that the nausea will go away, but not sure when it will.

Gosh - I'm sorry you're feeling nauseous...Have you tried watching tv to take your mind off it...you prob have and I'm just posting the obvious here. It sounds like you have got your mum's bug - luckily in a fairly mild form at the moment. Have you tried lying down but propping yourself up with pillows...so you're lying down but not - that way if you feel faint you in a safe-ish position...

I'm sorry, I don't feel like I'm being much help...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

*hugs*
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Oh God, I do hope you fight this thing off, and you don't have to v*

Good luck, get better, and tell us how you feel!

Hi, I hope you can feel better soon, to heck with the other plans. Just take your precautions to whatever will make you feel well. its ok to admit that you have a bug, it will subside and you will feel a great sense of relief when it passes. Please keep us posted if you feel well enough to be online, we are all here for you, right guys??

That's what these forums are here for... And the people that come with them.

I hope you're feeling better, hon.

I hope you feel better soon. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Aww I know what its like, had the bug several weeks ago, the nausea that comes with it is just so horrible.

I really hope your feeling better soon hunn. xxx

So sorry you are going through this. I hope you get better soon.

Oh Gosh! I hope you feel better, girly! Don't let it get the best of you!!

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kazzia,
    are u feeling better now...? *hugs*

keep positive and keep us updated...

love emsx

**hugs**

sorry to hear your ill. try to keep calm so you dont let anxiety make you feel worse. Try not to worry, us emets dont seem to be affected by bugs as badly as other people. I swear we have the ability to talk ourselves out of it. There have been times where i have been with my boyfreind one night and spent the whole night kissing him, then that night he comes down with a bug with very bad v* and i never caught it. This has happened a few times and all i get is stomach pain and D*. D* is good, just think that its much better for it to come out that end!

Let us know how you are doing, im sure you will feel well again very soon. Maybe you can ask the people your going out with if they can postpone it till ytou are better?

Aww, I hope you feel better!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

You will make it through this. Sorry to hear you have this, though. I hope you feel better soon!

Lizzy

I Hope that as you read this you are feeling better!

I hope you are feeling better now. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

kazzia, where are you? hoping you are doing well!!

We are worried about you. We have you a feeling better!!

I hope you are feeling better,Please keep us posted...

How are you now?

Kazzia! When ur reading - please let us know that ur OK...? i think we are all getting worried abt u...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

ems xx

aww sweetie.. im sorry tohear ur ill..

hope to god u feel better soon.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey again,

Sorry I haven't been around...have been feeling too ill to go online but today I'm feeling a bit better if not very weak because of the lack of food I've eaten recently.

I wasn't sick at all on Thursday [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]and I had a headache and a temperature which suggested that it wasn't the same bug my mum had. However everytime I stood up I felt incredibly sick and very faint, and that night on my way to bed I crawled into the bathroom cos I had to wash my hands to take my contact lenses out, but I had to stand up....it was SO bad, this wave of nausea came on so suddenly that I barely had time for a panic attack...my hearing and eyesight started to go and I collapsed on the floor - didn't black out though but was close. Then I started hitting the floor because I really thought I was gonna be sick...my mouth was full of saliva. I had my head between my knees and a few minutes later I was OK.

I still felt a bit sick yesterday, the old D* didn't return but I haven't been to the toilet like that since Thursday which is very unusual for me, but I don't want to resort to laxatives. It's prob cos I haven't eaten. Somehow managed to struggle with my parents to a hotel to eat a meal last night, and we went to a pub for midnight but I felt too weak to do anything but sit there.

Today still have headache/no appetite but don't feel as bad, just very weak. Thanks for all your messages of support though, it's good to have such considerate people on here! And I made it through another year of not being sick! (Last time was 1994 so at last I'm in a year that ends with a 5 again!)

Yay!! I'm glad you weren't sick! I hope you feel better overall soon.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

well done for gettin through that one matey.

Sipping water and a cold flannel on your head relieves the sickness sometimes Xx
    Che33a Xx

i'm glad everything turned out okay. Sometimes if I feel ill and want to lay down but I'm scared I'll get ill... it helps to sit on a couch and lean into the cushions. You can rest in the position and it feels better to be fully upright. Maybe this will help in the future?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

Way to beat the s*** out of the fear in a sense. You didn't let it win, keep on fighting the monster.

I am proud of you!

lauren

So glad to hear from you, happy for you that its over! You need to have some nourishment, so try eating some protein and a little carbs for the fainty weakness feeling to go away. Glad to have you back with us!

Kazzia,
    im so pleased ur back and werent sick! i too was sick in 2004 - and then twice this year..(7 in one go...) so i hate the fours too!

u must be over the worst now. ive u were gonna be sick - u def would have been by now! and i reckon the reason u havent 'been' is coz u havent eaten - when i had a bug in Dec - i didnt go for 4 days. id say ditch the laxatives and start eating again. ur body will go when it needs and can then get back to 'normal'

ems xxx

Im really sorry you have the bug...but think about it this way .....now that have or had the bug youre not going to get it again so you don't have to worry anymore. Last night i really didnt feel well and i was rteally hoping(sort of) that i had the bug just so i could be done and not worry about it anymore....(i really didnt wanna throw up but if i had to i wanted to get it over with) I never ended up throwing up. maybe i was just having a panic attack or maybe i just fought it off i don't know for sure, but i think we need to look on the bright side of getting sick sometimes although it sucks you have it than youre done right?

Yayyyyy!!! You didn't let that bug keep you inside too long! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

It could have very well been the same bug your mom had; viruses affect different people in different ways. Glad you made it through!!

I know what you mean by the dizziness that is associated with it...from what I have learned, the reason you get dizzy like that, is because most of your blood is at the site of infection. (fighting the bug in your stomach) So...when you stand up, you don't have much blood available to go to your brain. Same goes for the reason why you get pale!

Glad you are doing better!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte