Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Good Day

Default Good Day

I feel like I've had the best day for a long while.

My boyfriend has been having a hard time with some stomach problems which have been making him ill, and I've been refusing to let him come over and spend time together because I've been afraid that he's going to v* while at my house, which I couldn't handle. I've been doing this, even though spending all this time apart has been killing me a little.

But today, even though he said that he was feeling awful when he woke up this morning, I let him come over anyway. I think he got annoyed with me constantly asking if he was okay, and staring him down all the time, but I managed to spend the day with him, without panicking, and I even sat with him for two meals, one of which I cooked myself.

I know it's a small step forward, but it's a step nonetheless, and I feel like I've been pretty stationary the last little while, if not moving backwards.

Oh, a big help with managing the anxious feelings is something my mother bought me. It's called Bach's Rescue Remedy. I don't know if I just thought it worked because I wanted it to, or whether it's genuine, but it's something I'm going to keep trying in situations where I feel I'm losing control.

I hope everyone else is feeling good at the moment! xx

Default Re: Good Day

Glad you're feeling good today!

I'm just curious, what is Bach's Rescue Remedy?

Thanks,
    David

It's a spray. Um... It's natural, as far as I can gather. You're meant to spray it on your tongue and it calms feelings of anxiety. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's genuine, but it made me feel better, but it might just have been because I wanted it to work so badly.

If you google it, it's the first link, right at the top. I'm not able to link just yet :-)

Ah, I found it! Pretty interesting but I am wondering exactly what it is. If it works, USE IT by all means!

I tried bachs remedy years ago, & found it to be useless, but if you drank enough of it you would most likely feel calmer, as it`s distilled from brandy!

First off the fact that you let someone be around you even when he was sick, and ate around him too, is huge! You should be proud! Now you just have to keep doing that sort of thing, and I think it would get much easier to do over time. Unless you dont want to, of course, but I would push this sort of thing further if I were you.

I tried Bach remedies up until about a year ago. They worked for me, but I had to make custom blends, which can get expensive. It didn't work for me for a long time at first but it began to slowly but surely become a very potent way of stopping stress. I dont know how or why it worked but it certainly did. I weaned myself off of them due to money issues, and I can handle stress fine w/o them anyways now. But at one point they were very helpful for me when I was constantly panicking.

hairyfairy - That would explain the slightly alcoholic taste of it then. I found that one or two sprays every hour worked fine for me. Perhaps it won't work all the time, and I'll get too used to them, but we'll see. I got through the day with them, so I'm going to just persevere and see where I end up.

Leeannc28 - I was pretty proud of myself. I think I am going to have to do it a bit more over time, and I hope it'll get easier. Thanks for the support! xx

If you use the remedy spray when you're having a panic attack, it does absolutely nothing, but if you're just feeling a little nervous, it really does relax you - me and my mum always used to sigh about 3 seconds after spraying the stuff!

And that was very brave of you! It must be hard for you, but congratulations! xx

Yeah, I don't think it would work at all mid-panic. But yeah, it's kind of a relief when I realise it's working and I don't feel too anxious anymore. :-)