I don't really need people saying that prozac is making me worse because i dont need to hear it right now. But i do want people to respond.

I got very ill 2 years ago when I was 16. I had panic attacks and wouldn't eat. The Doctor put me on prozac. 20mg once a day. i'm a complete hypochondriac. As soon as i took the first pill I had a panic attack worrying that it was messing with my brain. I hate being out of control of my own body. I THOUGHT this help be got better. I got better over the course of about a year. I stayed well for about half a year and then a couple of weeks ago got REALLY ill again. Panicing all day long, can barely eat or leave the house. So I doubled my dose of prozac to 40mg a day. Hoping this would make me feel better. I have been on double dose for about 2 weeks now and my anxiety hasn't improved. Now i've been researching the internet and reading loads of posts that it can actually make anxiety and panic attacks WORSE! So now im really worrying that doubling the dose is going to make me even worse. I have a friend who says she tried a drug very similar to prozac when she was a teenager and it made her worse so she stopped taking it. Now she is on Citalopram. I really dont think i could cope with changing medicines at the moment.. and even if i did what if it made me worse or didn't do anything? I'm only 17 and i dont know what to do. Should i just keep taking the prozac and admit its just my mind that keeps making me feel worse? Or maybe im expecting the prozac to do too much? I kept thinking there was a medicine that would make me feel fine again.. and i realise there isn't ANY pill out there that can change the way i think.

Anyone?
Please answer
And don't scare me and say that it could be making my anxiety loads worse. I really don't need to hear that right now.