Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Gallbladder Surgery

Ok so I spent all of sunday in urgent care. I have been dealing with a bad gallbladder for 2 years and its finally telling me its time to come out! I have been reading online (more like obsessing) over all the recovery stories. I can deal with pain, that isn't the issue. So far from what I have read its not "uncommon" for people to v* after the surgery. Is this because of the general anethesia or what? I mean I want to do all I can to prevent it, any tips???

Oh and I'm a 20 year old female (yes I know rather young to have stones right?), incase that helps.

Default Re: Gallbladder Surgery

my dad just had his done and he never got sick one time...and his was pretty bad. it couldnt be done the simple way. because he let it go too far. its a very very simple procedure. and they will probaly give u something for n* and v* just in case. but i believe u will be fine. some people have went back to work after having it done.

I had mine out, and had no stomach issues at all. I finally STOPPED feeling sick all the time. Now, I have some other issues, such as bowel issues, but those are getting better and I don't regret it at all. I felt no nausea after surgery at all, and ate fairly quickly after!
    JANNA

A lot of people have a bad reaction to morphine iv painkiller, which is what they usually give you after surgery. You can ask for codeine tablets instead, that seems to be better tolerated. You can also ask for anti emetics too, they have some strong ones in hospital. I haven't had my gallbladder out, but I did spend a week or so on the surgical ward where people came to have gallbladders and appendixes out.

i had mine out with no issues at all. i didn't take the painkiller meds they gave me afterwards......cause i know percocet makes me n. i did tylenol instead. i guess they put anti=emet drugs in my iv for surgery cause i never v. i had my surgery at 7am and was home by noon........very groggy and pretty sore.....but slept the rest of the day. next day was very sore but not n......ate normally.....had to walk kinda bent over for a week......but honestly it was no big deal. you will be just fine when are you having it done??
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.