Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy New member and ready for a change

Hi, I am a new member to this website and I am so nervous. I've been living with this fear of vomiting for as long as I can remember. I know it started when I was a child and I've been living with it ever since. It's so comforting to be able to put a name on my fear. I didn't realize it was called emetophobia until a year ago. I've done so much reaserch in finding info on it and therapies for it. I didn't realize how common this phobia was. I've felt so alone and ashamed of it that I've kept it to myself for a long time; only some of my close loved ones know that I suffer from this phobia. I am partially relieved to know that there are so many others like myself. So many share the same stories on how they've coped with this phobia. I just don't want to suffer any longer. I am also terrrified even more since I am expecting my first child in March. I have so many fearful thoughts, but I know I have to be strong for my unborn child and my health. I can't wait to start down this new path to recovery and support from others. I look forward to becoming phobic free one day.

Default Re: New member and ready for a change

Nice to have you onboard Quinn; couldn't wish to meet a nicer, more accepting group of people.

Whatever you seek to gain from the boars, I hope you get!

Hi Quinn!
    Welcome to the site! You should discover a lot of good information here as well as support and ways to get treated. It's best to read over the "Information and Research" section if you haven't already. Then post away any questions!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

welcome to the forum. glad you're finding some help for it. there are lots of moms on this site.....i don't happen to be one...lol. .....but hopefully you will find some info and help on here......

we're here for ya
    how i feel about emet

Welcome, Quin! I hope you find this board as supportive and reassuring as I do!

We are all in the same boat!

All my love,

Sarah
    xxxxx