Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Umm...I gotta ask. (ulcer?)

So after a straight week of panic attacks I can proudly say, no more panic attacks. Yay! *Knock on wood* But my stomach has really been acting crazy. I don't know if this is in my head sometimes or not. I ate for 3 days, perfectly fine so I thought hey, how about a little soda? Caffeine free Dr. Pepper. I don't think it was 30 minutes, I felt SO sick. I was shaky, my stomach BURNED and I was so nauseous thought I was gunna V* (but I didn't and I kept the panic down WHOO!! HUGE step for me.)

So then I realized this has been happening (in a much milder way) for 2 months. OK, no soda anymore right? But I mean why I've drank soda for about 6 years now...whatever. lol Ok but then I ate a turkey wrap with 2 little slices of pepper on it. Same thing. Then I went to the bathroom and there was like brownish/pinkish tissue in my urine. *I know, gross, sorry!*...I'm a step away from sleeping in bed with my parents because I swear I'm about to die. (Even though my stomach only burns a little at the moment.)

So I was thinking that maybe I have an ulcer as I was under a lot of stress (damn college! lol) and hadn't ate for about a week...or could this be a lingering reaction from stress (even though I'm not stressed anymore) and a newly caffeine free diet? I just don't even know what to think.

Default Re: Umm...I gotta ask. (ulcer?)

Weird... that's the same thing I have... It probably is from stress, I mean take it from me, stress will mess your body up for a LONG time. You said that your stomach started burning after you drank the soda? Or did it happen in the past as well? I have an addiction to diet coke, like literally an addiction. I get massive headaches/body aches if I'm not drinking it for awhile.

sorry you are feeling bad

i'm surprised all us emets don't have ulcers as much as we worry........have you tried taking any type of acid reducer? or maalox? that might be all that you need. i think i would still check with the dr. i doubt very much that it's anything serious......but catching an ulcer before it starts is always good

feel better
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Something in your wee? I would go to the doctor as soon as you can!

omg i have the same sypmtoms!!! im going to a gi doctor on the 18 for it though.. my anxity is so bad though.. it keeps me from eating at schoold becuase usually if i eat something now, it kills my stomach. ive narrowed it down to a couple of things though that might be wrong with me. it might be either a stomach ulcer, spleen problems, or crhons desieise.. :C

Ah, this place is my sanity! I <3 it. I went to the doctor and sure enough, excess acid from stress. The sugar is what made me nauseous. I'm on antacids, and the doc thinks that maybe I have a kidney stone, but since I've been able to drink more water, no tissue in my urine so I'm hoping I was just dehydrated.

Quote Originally Posted by olschesky View Post
    sorry you are feeling bad

i'm surprised all us emets don't have ulcers as much as we worry........have you tried taking any type of acid reducer? or maalox? that might be all that you need. i think i would still check with the dr. i doubt very much that it's anything serious......but catching an ulcer before it starts is always good

feel better
    I know right?! If I had one the only thing that would surprise me was that I didn't have one sooner. lol

Thank you though, I'm feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by NatalyKay View Post
    Weird... that's the same thing I have... It probably is from stress, I mean take it from me, stress will mess your body up for a LONG time. You said that your stomach started burning after you drank the soda? Or did it happen in the past as well? I have an addiction to diet coke, like literally an addiction. I get massive headaches/body aches if I'm not drinking it for awhile.
    It started after the soda. I'm pretty sure my body was addicted to caffeine because I had the worse headache. I'm just hoping that this medicine kicks in so that I can stop feeling like I'll V* after I eat or better yet when I drink something (which is only water now). Anyone know if I can take Mylanta until the Prilosec takes full effect.