Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Take a look, how my brother was pretty much 'cured'

I just thought I should share this with you all as I thought it was quite a nice thought to be cured of emet.
    My older brother who had pretty severe emet and who actually 'passed' it on to me (i have it TERRIBLY but thats besides the point) told me feels much better about it and doesnt think it is a phobia any more.
    He V*d two years ago when he was drunk, he told me it was a ridiculously scary thought (as you all can imagine) but in some ways, because he wasnt really aware of everything, it helped him as he couldnt be very scared. Since, he's thought hes had emet but a month ago he caught a sv* and v*d again. When I talked to him later, he told me that somehow, he wasnt so afraid this time and now he is doing even better. I am so happy for him

Default Re: Take a look, how my brother was pretty much 'cured'

Oh that's wonderful for your brother! Thanks for sharing.

I'm off to get drunk now lol

I hate binge drinking for more reasons than getting sick.

I`m sure that if I caught a SV, & Vted, it would make me more fearful as it`s the loss of control that I fear more than anything else.

If I caught a S.V, it would probaly cure me!
    :S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was sick last year after a tummy bug, the wondering if I was going to be sick was far far worse than the actual deed. I remember being sick and thinking "well it wasnt that bad" and I think to some degree it made me less fearful. But after years of being an emet its something I cant shake easily.

It's true. I v*ed for the first time in 13 years last year due to drinking a lot and while it certainly wasn't pleasant, I wasn't in any sort of mindset to feel anxious/nervous/scared and it was all right. It actually really did calm me down a bit and I could remind myself it was over quickly and really wasn't that bad. Being so relaxed about it really made it less bad (like, oh I'm about to v*. Whatever, I'm drunk and happy). I was totally sober the next day and was v*ing due to the worst hangover ever and reminding myself that it wouldn't be as much as the night before made it much better. But I'm not cured, not by a long shot.