Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face Worried about the future...

So after a bunch of panic attacks I had trouble with my stomach and was put on Prilosec. I never had this problem with my stomach before and the medicine seems to be working, but I am paranoid. The medicine is for 14 days, will the acid all come back once I get off? I'm scared.

Default Re: Worried about the future...

A friend of mine used Prilosec and the releif lasted a long time. He had severe reflux that was affecting his ability to sleep and work / play.

If you can use the 14 days to chip away at the anxiety, you'll probably not have anything to worry about when the Prilosec is used up.

Take care!
    David

Ah thanks, you made me feel much better. I had like the worse month of my life but so far November is looking much better.

Awesome; glad things are looking up!

prilosec can be taken every day.....it usually takes 10-14 days for it to really do the job........before it was an otc drug i had a prescription for it for 3 years. so i know for a fact that you take it daily. it is very helpful with alot of my n.....which i never knew was from the acid.

so don't worry about having to stop taking it......it's a daily med........my friends son is on it also and once he starts feeling better he quits taking it and the reflux comes back.....i try and tell him he feels better because he's taking it......duh......

glad that you found something to make you feel better.........pretty sure that walmart has a generic brand......i actually just take generic zantac now everyday.........much cheaper and works the same as prilosec for me.....it reduces acid
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Update:
    I'm thinking of switching over to zantac. I was fine on the prilosec until day 7 and then hello n*, d*, and chest pains/irregular heart beat. On the bright side, I was so startled by the chest pains that I didn't fear V* and I didn't have any panic attacks. I just sat down with an empty bag and waited, but nothing happened other than my praying that I didn't V* on my new iPhone which I was using to distract myself. lmao. So far I'm surviving on Mylanta and prayers until my CT scan tomorrow (Which I'm a little worried about, never had one). But it's no where near as bad as it was, I can still function normally. *Knock on wood.*
    Umm excuse me emet, this is MY life and YOU don't belong here, back the hell off. <--my new attitude.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CT scan is a piece of cake. When I had one I had to drink a few cups of weird tasting drink first, then you lay in the machine and they will probably inject you with dye. The dye feels warm, it makes you feel like you're peeing your pants (but you're not!), and gives you a funny taste in your mouth. No n*, and the nurses didn't even mention it being a possibility. Then hold your breath a few times and you're done!