Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: In Hell!!!

Default In Hell!!!

Anyone out there for support??? I have not been here for a while as i have been trying to overcome this emet thing and was doing very well but occasionally it creeps up on me and tries to kick my ass... like right now. Anyone have a moment to talk?

Thanks in advance
    David
    The main thing, is to keep the main thing, the main thing.

Default Re: In Hell!!!

Hope someone was here to chat to you im around now if you are still up over there

Thanks! I appreciate your comfort and it's great to know i have support. This thing is killing me because i am feeling sick (cold or flu) and i cant eat. It always feels like my stomach is going to explode when i'm hungry and it freaks me out. But i have no appetite when i get a cold... damned if you do, damn if you dont.

Yeah but you should try to eat something even if its only small better to have something in there then get all worked up because your are to hungry and it turns into panic

What about a cup of soup ?

Really hope you get feeling better soon!

Is there something you still like even when not feeling "hungry" per se?

I can always eat certain foods. For some reason. Surprisingly, Mexican food I can always tolerate?

Take care!
    David

I know how you feel. I can be doing really well and think I've got this thing under control, but then if I get a cold or something, I'm back to square one. Physical illness exacerbates my emetophobia all the time!

I understand not wanting to eat, but getting something in your stomach will actually make you feel better because the stomach acid has something besides your stomach lining to attack. Like the other David said, is there a food you can always tolerate? For me it's anything spicy or vinegary. For some reason, those two things always go down. Weird, I know, because you'd think spice and acid would make an upset stomach worse.

Even if you slowly nibble on a plain piece of toast... or a banana which is bland.... whatever you think you can manage, but please try to eat something. If you can't tolerate a whole whatever, just take a couple of bites every 10 minutes or so. By nibbling throughout the day like this, instead of attempting a full meal, you'd be surprised how much food you get in you at the end of the day.

Feel better soon, and remember, "this too shall pass."

You guys are great and David and i go way back here...good to hear from you brother.
    I just tried to eat an english muffin and tea and it seems to be working. I am eating slowly and feeling better in my stomach but still cant sleep. Everytime i get tired, i put my head down and get hot and cold flashes which of course triggers my emet... but i know i would feel much better if i could sleep! My head isn't clogged but heavy.
    Funny...I usually get a cold or something once a year around this time and can usually handle it but this time last year and again now i've gotten something completely different. A good friend of mine who almost always gets the norovirus every year said that he beat it this year when he got it. He didn't get V* sick at all but got all the other symptoms.
    From what my research has gathered, the majority of noro victims go to sleep fine and wake in the middle of the night to violent sickness...so he stayed awake and it worked! I stayed awake last night (not by choice) and didn't get sick (but felt like i would) That's if what i have is the noro. I have the aches and ppains normally associated with it...but who knows. I'm just glad i have some people here who can relate.
    As always, it will pass...just not soon enough!

How are you feeling today ???????

Hope you managed to get some sleep and eat something more and on top of it all feel better

Kerry