Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs up A section on JUST positive posts only?

I made a very positive post in the "Private forum" and there have been some replies that we should have just a section for positive recovery posts. NO panic posts of negative posts. I really think this would be a good idea! I know people like to post on here when they panic but its not helpful for other people to keep dwelling on their problems and read everyone elses too. I want a section JUST for recovery and positivity, lots of people want this too! Is there any way of this happening?

Default Re: A section on JUST positive posts only?

I second this!

I agree! Sometimes I just want a pick-me-up, but then I see the panic posts and they aren't very helpful when you are trying to convince yourself that you can do this.

So..... can one of the administrators click a button and create a postive-only section? Please.

I'm wondering if it would be more effective to have a positive only section or a panic only section. I definitely like both, but it just crossed my mind

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why not both? That way the people who insist on posting HELP!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!AM I GOING TO V*!!!!!!!! posts can have their own section, and those of us who prefer to focus on recovery can have our own. I don't know about anyone else, but just seeing the titles of some of those panic posts makes my anxiety go up a notch. They are really not helpful, least of all to the person who posts them, I would think. But that's just my opinion.

I love the idea. I will talk with the others and see what we can do.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I talked with admin about some site reconstruction. As in - making some choices in the "Private" area. Also about a panic section. He's really busy with other stuff right now but we hope to do something in the new year.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I would like that too. I stopped coming on here for a few weeks because all the freaking out was making me regress.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

Thank you Mary and Sage.

I majorly agree. Panic posts just wind me up. I personally come here for the positive ones because they really help in my opinion.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I stopped going to this site EXACTLY because of this reason. I remember telling my boyfriend that I came here for help, but it was doing just the opposite. Cannot wait for this to change

I'd love to see a more positive section.
    The main pages seem to be innundated with panic posts, which don't seem to be helping those of us in the recovery process.
    Looking forward to seeing what happens in the New Year!