Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Lucinda Bassett's Panic to Power

Has anybody else given this a go? I'm just curious because I haven't read about anyone trying it on here. If no one has, I shall share my experience with it.

First off, the CD is pretty inexpensive at twenty dollars. It was made by a woman who was at one point completely agoraphobic and worked through it herself. There's a lot of awesome information in there.

THIS has been my holy grail. She may not be emet, but boy does this woman know fear. AND IBS.

I was at my wits end one day, after a staggering month of panic attack after panic attack day in and day out. I was thinking about suicide. Somehow I remembered owning this after buying it and forgetting about it and I went home after walking down the street with my mom for the seventh time that day and listened to it as a last ditch effort. If it didn't work I knew my next step was an institution or the hospital because I was underweight. I refused to eat.

I don't know if she's just that good or if I was just so receptive to the information because I was desperate....but I have not had a full blown panic attack SINCE. Anxiety, yes. Full blown panic where I just KNOW I'm going to go crazy and that I'm going to be sick and then I'm going to drop dead....has not happened. THIS was almost a year ago now.

For those of you at your wits end with little money to spend, this might be something to try. If you listen and believe her, it WILL help, I am confident. Maybe not cure, but it might help get to the root of your anxiety, help you organize your priorities, and give you a place to start with getting yourself at least pointed towards enjoying your life again.

As I am still frustrated by my phobia, though not constantly tormented by it, I have purchased the Emetophobia Recovery Program in hopes that this shall be the final nail in the emetophobia coffin. I have not read through it all yet, but it makes sense so far, and I have high hopes for it.

Default Re: Lucinda Bassett's Panic to Power

I wouldn't recommend this program to anyone, unless you have very mild day-to-day stress. I did this program, it's a waste of money in my opinion, for anyone who has a serious, debilitating anxiety disorder. There's nothing new in here... same old basic CBT techniques, that you can learn in a much better program, in my opinion, in the book The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook which will cost you less than $30.

It was just a thought. I *DID* have debilitating, serious anxiety. Like I said, I was having panic attacks day in and day out, not eating, not sleeping. It did a LOT for me the first time I listened to it, and it's still doing a lot for me!

By the way, I'm not talking about the BIG expensive program. I'm talking about the ONE audio book in CD form that costs twenty dollars.

I bought the CD because my foster mother owns the big expensive program and it severely decreased her severe panic disorder as well. She can DRIVE again.

I'm not promoting the thing. I was just curious if other people had tried it and I wanted to share my experience. It kind of saved my life, and I definitely don't see it as a waste of money.

I was just trying to help.

Right. I was just saying that you can get Lucinda's ENTIRE program in a $30 dollar book.

Well I didn't know that at the time. Sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Why are you taking it so personally? You asked, "has anybody else given this a go" and I answered. I gave it a go... did the whole program infact... and found it a waste of money. You had a different experience with one tape, great. That proves that what works for one doesn't work for another. Doesn't make one person "right" and the other "wrong".

If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question.

PAngel, just ignore Butterflies' personal comments. She's had a bug in her bonnet lately, and I believe she's gone from the site now. Definitely not about you.

Thanks for the reviews and recommendations. We all need to hear more of what everyone experiences when they try these programs.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.