Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default V* While on an Airplane

I know that I have never really liked V* much at all, but only in the last couple of months has it become like a debilitating attack for me. I feel so tensed, and totally fear opening my mouth. Most of the time the feeling is brought on by some acidity, or a feeling of fullness in the stomach, possibly from a full meal,; but i feel the urge to v* a lot during such n* bouts.

I found that getting up from my seat and just walking about helps me calm my nerves, and also gets rid of the acidity. But I am rather worried about what I would do if I am in an instance where I cannot walk about that much, for example while in an airplane.

I though about taking a tablet like dramamine which would help prevent any such feelings, and possibly even help in getting a good rest. Does anyone know how much time is need for this tablet to start working in your system, like how much time before your flight takes-off should one take this tablet? Also how effective is this, and how long does it last?

If you do know of any other such OTC tablets please do let me know. Anything that does not involve tablets is also welcome.

P.S - I will be on a 4-5 hour flight in a about 2 weeks. So looking forward to some helpful responses.

Default Re: V* While on an Airplane

It should say on the bottle. I got some anti-motion sickness meds for a friend of mine when we were going on a car trip (he sometimes gets carsickness). I think that they said to take them a half hour before driving/flying/whatever, and I forget how often it said to re-take them because it was longer than it took us to drive home. All the info should be in the instructions, and it probably varies from brand to brand.

I have taken it before after having a SV. I felt better and fell asleep in like half an hour.

30 minutes prior to disembarkation. One to two tablets every 4-6 hours as needed.

Straight from the label.

Really? Odd label. I would think it should read "prior to embarkation" or "embarking"
    "Disembarkation" means getting off the plane.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

retro-active dramamine!