Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OOOKAY...freaking out here!!!

What a 360 degree turn from this evening huh Simply Me and Mary and Nat?? (We chatted earlier on AIM)

Anyway, I was moments away from doing the deed. REALLY!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

I just ate dinner, and I can kind of feel 'it' creeping up there in my throat if that makes any sense. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

[b]What happened to make me feel so bad? Well, lately, my asthma has been flaring up REALLY REALLYbadly. And since I have to wait a certain period of time before I can use my inhaler after each use, I was waiting for the next time I could use it while I studied for psychology class. (I have a test tomorrow.) My parents were out at a concert, and I called them earlier to pick me up something to eat...BIG MISTAKE!!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Anyway, I started coughing badly, and I started to feel mucousy. By that time my parents got home. (I had called them on their way out of the hall). My mom gave me the McDonalds bag, and I started eating, trying to forget about the mucous and wheeziness. But then I took a sip of my Dr. Pepper, and I could feel this irritating feeling in my throat. I can't really explain it, but those who have asthma or other respiratory problems can probably relate to it.I was eating my food, and slowly, I started feeling worse and worse. Soon the irritating throat feeling turned into nausea. Well, in times like that, when I begin to feel sick, after that initial fight or flight response, I tend to keep eating or keep doing what I am doing and wait for the nausea to go away. Maybe if I just pretend that it isn't happening, it will go away. But it wouldn't. Then I started doing my control mechanisms...I started digging my finger nails into my skin, making noises (I often do that because I think it can in some way control the nausea.), tensing up my body, etc.However, throughout allthis, I stillkept eating my fries. Anyway, my mom was getting mad at me for making those noises and acting all crazy. But I could care less. I was looking for EVERY conceivable distraction out there to get rid of the feeling! ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!! I was sitting in front of the televsion while I was eating, and I started to pay all the attention I could to the TV. (I was watching a rerun of Celebrity MoleIn Hawaiion GSN)Anyway, mymom gotangrier and angrier. She was like: "Why did you make me bring you something special if you are just going to act like that?"I DIDN'T PLAN IT MOM!!!!!!Progressively, it got worse and worse, and theworse itgot,the faster I ate. I stuffed the fries in my mouth like 3or more at a time and kept on going.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] Again, I thought maybe if I pretended everything was okay, it would go away. But it didn't. Then I felt this HUGE HUGE rush of nausea all through my body, and I justjumped up and ran to thekitchen and almost gagged. I stopped myself though. I held my breath and gritted my teeth to stop it, and slowly, I startedbreathing again. I SERIOUSLY thought "This is it, I'm going to do it now! Right here in the kitchen!" But thankfully, something stopped me. (I like to think I did.)After that false alarm, Iwent back to eating. (You think I'd have learn my lesson....but NOOOOOOOOO!!) I ate until I had thatrush again, andthen just decided to stop eating. I drank a lot ofDr.Pepperso as topush 'it' d
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you ever been checked out for acid reflux? I've been diagnosed with it, and sometimes I feel exactly what you just described... especially feeling it come up into my throat. It also sounds like you had a classic panic attack. That happens to me, too, and it really makes me feel like I'm going to v*. However, as I've read in several posts on this site, v*ing is NOT a symptom of panic attacks (that helped me a lot when I found that out!). The tums will probably help with the weird feeling in the throat... and if nothing else, they'll provide a nice placebo effect [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I take them all the time... not sure how much they actually help, but my mind tells me they'll make me feel better, and that's all that matters. Just try to stay calm! Deep breathing is always a plus. My guess is, that if you haven't v*ed already, you're probably not going to... especially since you've stopped yourself a couple times. If your body really needs to v*, then it's going to no matter what. I hope this helps.

-Zachary-

PS-Mint candies or gums help me calm down in those situations, maybe you should try that.
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

Hi. You wroste this about 8 hours ago so I hope you are feeling bette now and hopefully got some sleep. I really dont recommend eating when you feel nasus!!!! I would freek if I did that!!!

Wow you are very brave to keep eating through that. And I know I'm very late responding to this but I hope you are feeling 100% better. Feeling sick really sucks...give us an update whenever you can.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

OMG! I can't beleive I had just talked to you and then this happened! I'm so sorry you were feeling so bad and hope you are doing better today and ace that test!

Now you know that continuing to eat is sometimes making it worse, next time maybe you could chew a stick of minty gum or soemthing that won't sit heavy in your stomach. It was a learnign experience right? A not-so-fun one but learning nonetheless.

Also you know you can call me ANYTIME right? I have no life so I am home at the wee hours of the night ha ha.

Anyhow let us know how your'e feeling! I'm sure your'e better and you got an A+ on that test!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

aww Neha [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

how are you doing now?? that sounds horrible [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

GAH. bad things happen to the wrong people. are u feeling ne better?

the psychology txt book thing, might have sparked off sum unconcious anxiety in you yes, and i expect u got so wrked up u just gagged because of that.....

anyway, hope ur ok, i really do.

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by symphonicfaith

If your body really needs to v*, then it's going to no matter what.-Zachary-

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY????????

<font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>

Oh neha! are you feeling better? I would say that was one mother of a panic attack!!!! Like the others said you shouldnt keep eating when you feel nauseated. nausea is kind of a signal that your stomach is uncomfortable and you should stop eating. it doesnt laways mean you will V*. my mom said 9 out of ten times you can control it and just feel icky and not throw up. most of the time thats what happens to me. I hope your feeling better!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

If I didn't eat every time I felt nausea, I would waste away to nothing. I feel nausea almost every time I start eating.

[img]smileys/smilies_29.gif[/img]
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

same sweetfreak...

and if ur body does really want to v*, yes it will do that. but you hve to remember, its for ur own good. yes, i know, tht is no consellation in our eyes, but hey, its worth a try.

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:

Awww. Hope you are feeling better. I get that ESPECAILLY at night. I was diagnosed with acid reflux and am on meds now. I still get it, but not as often and not as bad. Sounds though like perhaps were stressed a little and didn't realize it and it just snowballed.

I can relate to the mom thing. I use to get worse the more she ragged. It was usually if she wanted the family to go out and I didn't want to go ( I was afraid I might get car sick) I always felt sick as soon as going somewhere was mentioned. It just snowballed until I was safe frmo having to go anywhere.

Anyways hugs and smiles to you

[img]uploads/images/Melikasa/baby_bunnies.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Neha -

Hugs to you! Sorry you're feeling bad. Hope you're doing better. Let us know how you are!

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Thank You Thank You ALL for your concern and support!!!!!! It really means a lot to me to have so many kind replies!! I am sorry it took me so long to reply...the quarter is wrapping up at schooland everything is coming down to these next few weeks. Anyhow, I am fine (THANK GOD!) After I wrote that post, I sat down and rocked in the chair for a while. I took the Tums, and read my Psychology book again. Then after a while, I started to feel relieved. I knew it wasn't going to happen. Plus, the Tums did wonders for me!! I think it's called "Smooth Dissolve Tums" that I took, but whatever it was, it was GREAT!!! I had this cool soothing feeling down my throat, and the acid kind of just subsided after a while.

I ended up staying up until 3:30 a.m. to study. I waited till the last minute to read my book, and had a lot of catching up to do. I was fine the rest of the night, although I kept falling asleep reading...[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]After the Tums, I felt so much better, and I even chewed on some candy!

I was just telling my mom that I think the phobia is flaring up again because I am so stressed lately. So much is going on with school and changing majors, and then tomorrow I have to pick my courses for the summer and fall quarters, and freshmen get last pick, so I don't know if I will get all the classes I want. Course selection always gives me a tummy ache. I have back ups, just in case I don't get my first choices, I just have this feeling that something will go wrong. (The catastrophizing).

Again, thanks for all the support and kind wishes and of course, your advice and thoughts!!!

**HUGS**

This scared me a little bit, because I haven't had a bad panic attack with nausealike that in a while. Actually on Saturday, I was telling SimplyMe that my family and I went shopping, and I just felt SOOO sick during the car ride, but it went away luckily, and I ended up eating Olive Garden the same day!!! I think that stress can really flare up this phobia. I am hoping to have no more panic attacks like that, but at least I've learned my lesson!! NO MORE EATING WHEN I START TO FEEL BAD!!! That was a really stupid move on my part, and I don't know why I did it really...[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Anyway, I would say more, but I have to get back to writing my rough draft to my research paper on Euthanasia...[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I will write more this weekend!

Thanks again!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

By the way, I think I did HORRIBLY on the test!!! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]My friends and I were talking about it, and they found it difficult too. When you find the first question puzzling, you know that the rest of the test won't go very well.....Oddly enough...I rememberd the memorytheories the best and forgot most of the learning theories...lol. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]I guess maybe I should've studied earlier, or not fallen asleep while reading! LOL!! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Neha,</font>

I am so sorry you were feeling so bad, but glad that you did such a good job of holding yourself together and getting through it. School can be SO stressful and I know you have lots of studying and preparing for papers, etc. That just makes any discomfort we may feel that much worse, so hang in there, it will be over soon.

My sister's test results came through today and they were able to get all the cancer, so she will not have any more treatments. Thanks for being concerned.</font>Edited by: giff1949
    Debbie

Hey Neha...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I know what you mean by the stress and feeling awful. I keep getting burpy and stomach achey here lately and I absolutely cannot wait for school to be over. Luckily, this is "dead" week (they say that it's called that because teachers don't introduce anymore new material.. I have other ideas!!!), and next week is finals week. I've been cramming for my history test all week long, watching the videos for the class (it's a television class, we've only had to actually go to a class twice) and reading the text book and then I go to class tonight to find out that we have a take home test *Sigh of relief*... over the book about McCarthy... NOT the text OR the videos! *AHHH!* So yeah, I've been studying all week for something I don't have to study for and losing time I could havespent studying for one of my three other courses!!! But hey... I guess beggars can't be choosey! I'm just thankful it'sa do at home essay

Other than that I suppose I should just be happy thatafterthis weekI have 12 beautiful, wonderful weeks to spendof summervacation... though I'm working 7 days a week... BLAH! I suppose it's better this way... my brain needs a break.

I've found it best just to try not to get stressed too much, to remind myself that the stress only makes matters much worse.Hey... maybe if we can all learn to stop procrastinating... then, just maybe we will all feel a whole lot better (YEAH RIGHT!!! ME??? Stop procrastinating??? GOOD LUCK ON THAT!) Lol...

Take a breather... a walk, just relax for a little while when you get to feeling bad. And next time you're feeling icky try eating something other than McDonalds, a peanut butter sandwhich or crackers... that way you have something in your stomach... but it's not greasy food...And yes... Tums are WONDERFUL!

Lol... I think I've had too much caffeine tonight...But anyhoo... I'm glad you're hanging in there

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Again everyone, thanks for all of your replies!! I was so scared of feeling that way after a long time, that I overreacted and probably overpanicked too...but I always do that...lol. I'm just glad I was okay!! I have learned my lesson though!!!

And it WAS definetly because of school!!! So much is going on right now, and I feel so overwhelmed!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Thanks again!

Debbie,

I'm SOOO glad to hear your sister is okay!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]How is she feeling now??Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

hey Neha, i can relate to you, i konw my phobia flares up around stressful times too... cos, i know if uv seen it, but i posted on here saying i had 3 hugs panic attacks and i think its cos iv got my first exam in 2 weeks... so yeah, kinda panicking here, lol.

anyway, it sounds lke u must be exhausted if uv been staying up till 3 in the morning and what-not. =(

u really deserve some great grades, you must wrk so hard.

Jen xxxx

MSN: